Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! I thought this might make an interesting thread. One of Maggie's weirdest habits is shown below:

Yup -- she is licking my leg ... (yum, long tongue means more licking!)

Mom, please don't disturb me!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jersey loves to lick us too. Especially the palms of my hands. She licks Mike's legs when he's ignoring her and she wants his attention. Silly, silly Beagles!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Judy,

I think our Maggies are soul sisters, because I undergo licking all the time. First thing in the morning, my face and neck are thoroughly licked as I try to wake up. When I'm sitting on the couch, my legs are licked clean. During a shower, Maggie waits outside the curtain, because she considers herself responsible for licking up all water dripping down my legs, and water on the side of the tub. If you don't let her in the bathroom, she barks outside the door! If we ask her to stop, she will, but reluctantly; and she resumes her duties ASAP

I sometimes wonder if it's a 'female' thing....since they clean the pups and nests. Does anyone know if females are more prone to this motherly licking??

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby does this too, and it has gotten worse lately. She constantly licks me wherever she can get me and she loves to lick Rebecca's legs. I'll make her stop but Rebecca will let her lick and lick and lick.

Oddly enough she won't lick BB. She just sniffs him and goes on about her way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was talking with the fam last night and Suzy must have thought I was real dirty because she licked my leg for a good 10 minutes. I pet her and she stopped, so I guess instead of sitting on me, licking is the way to go if she wants loving! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
Hi, all! I thought this might make an interesting thread. One of Maggie's weirdest habits is shown below:

Yup -- she is licking my leg ... (yum, long tongue means more licking!)

Mom, please don't disturb me!

JMO--but guess this is beagles of showing love . /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif My Shiloh does this a lot also. :conf6:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
My husband is on the couch complaining of something. Saying something like, Hey don't be so friendly, stop licking me, get off, you are not allow on the couch, I said stop licking me!
Funny that I'm reading this thread too. :biglaugh:
Charlie likes licking my toes.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jersey also feels the need to lick me when I get home or come pick her up from somewhere. No matter where she's been, she won't calm down until she has licked my face. Then she's OK. It's so funny. When I pick her up from daycare, she's not allowed to jump up on me (their rule...trying to train her to act properly). As soon as we get in the car and I close the door she's on my lap licking my face. Then she goes and sits quietly in her seat. :hapfac01:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Susi licks our hands. Our last beagle, Spotty, used to love licking legs. I always thought it was because they were salty.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Add Duke to the leg licking club. When he's in my lap, sometimes he won't quit!

My lab, Cassie, has always been a licker, especially in her younger days. Every time she'd pass somebody, she had to lick them (it's a bonus if they're wearing shorts). One of our friends started calling this behaviour "drive-by lickings." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deb, Chloe is doing the exact thing... she won't let me dry myself after the shower, and keep licking the water off of my legs. She sometimes try to pull the towel so I won't "waste" the water... LOL - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn is a real licker too - any body part will do but her favourite is definitely feet... Just yesterday we were at a lunch with some friends and one of the kids was sitting on a chair with his bare feet tucked under him - Popcorn came up behind him and licked his feet between the bars of the chair. He must have jumped a foot off the chair!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar has a serious foot fetish. He licks our faces, arms, legs, but especially feet. And he steals shoes. He hasn't actually eaten any shoes, he just carries them in his mouth. I think he likes them too much to eat them which is odd b/c he'll eat anything! Shane came home from work one day and I was lying on the couch laughing myself silly. He thought I was koo-koo :freak: until he realised that Caesar was at the other end of the sofa licking my feet and toes. Strange little puppy.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
all 4 of mine are lickers ..... mainly after the shower or I have just put lotion on. I am always and forever saying "no licking please"

·
Registered
862 Posts
Heh..heh..heh...Boeing loves to lick my leg too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . Aside from that, he likes to nudge me with his wet nose to remind me of his presence when I'm eating something.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It's all about LOVE and Salt.....I always call my hubby the Great Salt Lick......Bailey licks every inch of his face and neck ......I think it is both....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny is a "lotion licker". Since I don't wear lotions, the wife gets the Vinny licks.

Miles on the other hand would lick sandpaper if he could. :biglaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts