Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. When we moved to a more quiet middle-class suburbian neighborhood a couple of years ago, and we met a nice neighbor next door to us. Great guy, but his dogs are pretty aggressive towards me ( sometimes I can't even walk in the backyard, because I know they're going use the,Barks-of-Death, on me ). To make a long story short. When we got,Buddy, the guy started acting weird towards me and Buddy. He'd come to me about how I need to make Buddy's area more cleanful ( which I do always picking up the waste and making sure everything is liveable ), and one time even telling me to apologize to Buddy ( Just got off work and accidently tied him to the tree to clean his area, but you know him liking to play around with everything ).

It's like he's trying to tell me I'm a bad owner, and not doing my job right. I accept critisim, and know I'm a beginner, but you don't have to nag at me. A few days ago, Buddy got into their yard and the guy allowed his dog to come out and play with Buddy. The dog was a bit rough on him, and I probably won't let him do that or even contact with the neighbor next door to me. I'm afraid he might take him. ( the guy doesn't seem right, mentally sometimes. Heard he has a drinking problem. )

I have a question. Is wrong for me to cut all contact with him, or should I explain to him about his involvement within my affairs with Buddy? I don't want to be mean to him.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You should probably do what you feel is right. The only thing I would advise is being gentle, but assertive doing so.

Personally, I would probably try to let him understand that he should mind his own business, and keep our contact very limited and correct.

If you don't trust your dog around him and his dogs, just keep him off their property.

·
Registered
847 Posts
In situations like this go with what your gut tells you. If you feel threatened by him you should definitely keep your distance. Do you think he would actually steal or harm your dog? If so, I'd put a nanny cam or some sort of surveillance camera in your yard or where ever Buddy is during the day. I hope that doesn't come off sounding paranoid, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of heartache.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts