Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did your Beagle baby weigh at three months?
My little fella willy is 11 pounds. Do you think he will stay small?

i want to add I never thought I would be a beagle mom it is AWSOME.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think that is about what Blue weighed at that age. He is now six months and 25 lbs. It is hard to tell what size they are going to be but I have been told they are full size at about six months. I do remember that he just started growing all of a sudden and started to look like a grown up awfully quick!!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
When we brought about home at 3 months she was 11lbs also. She is almost 3 years old now and she is about 32. Vet wants her down to 27.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley was about the same. His is now 9 months old and 23-25 pounds. Been in this same range for about 3 months now. Vet said keep him here.

We will see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone .

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have ten beagles - ALMOST all either I got as puppies, or they were born here - but they're all over the map as far as weight at a specific age goes. Beagles are not all the same size - I have one as small as about 10.5" tall and about 15#, another is 14.75" and about 45# - and everything in between. My Romeo and Chloe are 3 weeks apart in age - I got Romeo when he was about 8 weeks old, a week later my vet called and asked me if I would adopt Chloe (who had been purchased by a lady who couldn't keep her) - Chloe was 3 weeks older, and less than HALF Romeo's size. She's still tiny and he's still a TANK. Of the puppies born here (that includes Joe, Jack, Bella and Angel), they generally "average" about 1# per week of age - up to a certain point. Angel was the "exception" as she was very tiny - and ran about "3#" under the "average". She caught up a little, but is still a small beagle - but her sire is only about 11.5"-12" and 20#.
What I'm trying to say, is that there really is no "average" as far as beagle puppies go.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Beags are classified, here in th USA, as either 13" which is 13" or shorter or 15" which is 15" or shorter. Now, that is just for "purebreds" if you have a mix your beag could be taller/shorter/thinner/fatter/bigger/smaller all around, etc and still be healthy and happy. Not to mention that there are "show" beags and also "field" beags which can have slightly different characteristics like coloring and ticking etc, but they're both beagles none the less.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Just in case you were wondering Abby is considered a 15" beagle, she was also the "runt" of her litter. Some scrambled eggs, lots of love and even more treats helped fix that :lol2:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Jamie, my JoJo's mom, Spotty, is a tiny little girl - probably about 11" and 20#. However, Spotty's FULL brother, Donnte, is 18" tall and about 53#. When I got JoJo, I had no idea whether she'd turn out to be like Spotty or "Uncle Donnte". She's actually someplace in between - like her "sire", Little Joe. Donnte is way too big for AKC standards, but he is one magnificent beagle! I love the big moose! JoJo's "pups" have turned out to be more like their sire - who's a small beagle, in size, but LOOK more like their mom - you just never know with these beagle brats!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
15" at the withers is an arbitrary American Standard which doesn’t apply to all beagles either here in the States or elsewhere. A pure breed beagle can be 16-17" and many show champion beagles in more civilized country (Australia and Great Britain) are often around 16" at the withers.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My Wonder Twins weigh about 34 & 35lbs. In my eyes they are solid muscle (can knock me off my feet if they hit my legs just right).

They are 13 inch Beags but if anyone says anything about their weight I just say they are really 14 iches--LOL!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maggie was around 5 lbs at 12 weeks. I think now she might be around 7lbs (15weeks). I think she is a bit thin, but she was only 2.9 lbs when we got her (she had a parasite /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yes, all are purebred - JoJo and Tanna are from field champion lines, and Lottie from show champ lines. Donnte is just a "magnificent moose"! I'll have to see if I can find a picture of him. He's beautiful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts