Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2 year old female beagle named Rocky. She has always been very trim and muscular. However, about 8 months ago I had her spayed. I was worried that this would make her gain weight because it happend to my moms pugs. I was reassured by the vet that it would not as long as she got regular exercise. Well about 2 months after the proceure, sure enough she started gaining weight. Shes a 14 inch beagle and she went from a consistant 22lbs to 27lbs. That doesnt sound like a lot, but on a lttle beagle its almost a 25% gain in just 2 months. Her brother and her play outside all the time and go for walks everyday. I only feed her weight control Iams and at the recommended amount. Anyone know how I can get this extra weight off of her? Thanks

Sincerly,
Tony, Rocky, and Cooper

·
Registered
48 Posts
When we had Molly spayed the vet recommended that she get 30 percent less food or else she would end up putting on weight. It seems to be working out fine so far and with plenty of excercise she has kept to a reasonable weight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good to know! Quinn is getting spayed on Thursday. She doesn't eat much as it is, though, so I don't know how she'd be able to eat 30% less than that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts