Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we all have heard that Casie is a weenie or a very shy little guy. BUT this is ridiculous.... my oldest son who loves dogs and especially beagles is home for Christmas...has been here for almost a week. Casie has been barking at him the whole time. 12 hours of Barking constantly is a lot of barking, even I can't take that much. He shys away from my son, he is running around the house like a hunted dog, and nothing has been done to him. Chris (my son) has offered him treats, sat on the couch with him and Cobi, been very quiet with him....and eventually Casie will calm down...but this is nuts. I wish I could get a dog whisperer who would tell me what's up? He does this with my youngest also, if he's been gone awhile, but not so prolonged barking. I know he's timid, and a weenie, but any ideas on how Chris who is only home for a week twice a year can make friends with Casie? Chris feels so bad, that Casie hates him, he doesn't know what to do, and I don't know how to help Casie or Chris get to be buds.

Thanks again....ears and mental cases, that's my Christmas.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Have your son cover himself in peanut butter and let Casie clean him (just kidding). I don't really know.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Tucker's Dad may be on to something, LOL.
Your son should carry high value treats (Casie's favorites) at all times and make it a positive experience.
How about your son taking Casie for a long walk? It will have to be baby steps and may take a long time but its worth a shot!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shared your ideas with my son, who is now back in Austin, TX....he said he'd bring a jar of peanut butter, when he comes home this summer. Casie loves peanut butter. We had a blizzard on Christmas Eve and Day this year when he was home, so the walk was out of the question. BUT the good news is the day Chris left for home, Case checked every room in the house for where his barking buddy was.....peanut butter, why didn't we think of that?

thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.