Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday were out for about and hour and a half. When we returned home, there was candy wrappers laying all aroung the house. After an investigation, we discovered, my mother-in-law had put 2 bags of chocolates in her present to us and someone had ripped open the present to devour the chocolates. The present was behind a baby gate which had been toppled over. We counted 18 chocolate wrappers that we could identify. After a call to the vet, we packed up all three and headed over. Our main suspect was Yuki. After the vet made them all throw up, our suspicions were correct. Yuki had eaten the lions share, Niko had a few and ate a wrapper, and poor Tucker was good and didn't have anything. Now the hard part will be telling my mother-in-law that she needs to tell us if she puts anything edible in the package. She just doesn't get it. They are all fine now and there seems to be no ill effects. We are just glad we weren't gone longer as it could have been serious considering how much chocolate Yuki had eaten. Just a reminder to keep those holiday treats away from your dogs.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
So glad all is ok! Those beagle noses get them into all kinds of trouble!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good news and a relief that they are all OK. I must admit, not having had dogs since I was a child, I was unaware that Chocolate can be dangerous for dogs. I asked the vet when Penny had her first puppy shots what we shouldn't feed her - I knew chocolate wasn't a good treat (only thought about obesity), but was unaware of the danger. Another food I was told is also dangerous to dogs is onions (cooked or raw)- perhaps members know of other foods on the toxic list. This would be helpful to us all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i think most things containing seeds are bad, there is something in the seed they cant digest so it can be poisonous...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts