Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday as my husband & I were heading out the door for work we desided to see what Georgia would do If we let her have full run of the house.

we put the kitty food up on the counter & showed the kitty where it was.

we put the trash in the bathroom & shut the door. & If she found the kitty box we would deal with that as well.

we figured If she did have an opps here or there we will just clean it up no big deal

we both left around 8:00.

I came home at 1:30 to take her on her afternoon potty walk she was a very happy doggie to see me but I did not get a chance to check the house because I wanted to take her on her walk first so off we went

she pooped right away & a lot which is not the norm for her, than I start thinking you look a bit chubbie than I am thinking oh crap I bet she got the food in the closet so we finish our walk & go home..

I go right into the office & there on the floor was a 5LB bag spilled on the floor of her dog food. she had gorged her self I guess cause she was so chubbie hate me If you must but she did not get any dinner last night she eats 2 times a day & well she wanted an earily dinner I guess

she would not even eat her cookie cause she was so full

this morning when I took her out she looked better not to fat & she set her own recored she pooped 5 times in a 24 hour perioud so I think If we were to move the food to a better sopt where she can not get to it she will be fine that was her day in a nut shell

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, on the positive side, she didn't have any accidents and she didn't find the litter box!

I bet she was in heaven when she found that bag!

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better, though. And don't feel bad for not giving her dinner. It would've only made her feel worse.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I guess the temptation was just too much for her. I am glad to know that she is not suffering any other ill effects from it. I don't think there was anything wrong with not feeding her dinner as normal. I doubt she would have eaten it anyway. Poor thing. I'd like to think that the tummy ache she is suffering might teach her to never do that again, but she is a BEAGLE after all. lol

·
Registered
837 Posts
No one will hate you - Daisy has got into the cat food and gorged herself, I fasted her for 24 hours. She still ate more food that day than she would have in two days! Fasting is healthy for dogs anyway

We normally put the dogs outside when we aren't home, but if we leave Daisy in for whatever reason we always make sure all food is out of her reach! I could never trust her with a bag of dog food LOL she'd eat it all!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It could have been so much worse! Don't feel bad about not giving her dinner. I would have done the same thing. Jersey spent the afternoon with my aunt yesterday. That means she got all sorts of goodies she shouldn't have had (I'm thinking it was meatballs yesterday. That's what was cooking when we dropped her off). I didn't give Jersey dinner last night because I knew she'd already had more than enough.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Daisy got into her food like that too once and several times she got into my parents' dogs food when we were visiting them. Each time you could tell she had gotten into something because she also looked chubby.

·
Registered
889 Posts
We have come home to barrel shaped beagles on a few occasions(sp). You just smile and put it down to experience and move on. Beagles will be beagles.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Our pack (minus Buzz) got into their Christmas treats once (I stupidly had left them all on a low shelf in my closet) and ate about 6 months worth of treats in one go. None had any ill effects, although that was back when Popcorn was skinny and she wasn't for a couple of days!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
At least your house wasn't destroyed! I can't wait for the day when we can trust all 3 of them out in the house without being crated or separated. Roscoe and Gino can handle the freedom
. Cole on the other hand....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Naughty girl

Glad she is ok if not a bit fuller.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yesterday we went to see the new Harry potter movie, it was 2 hours & 30 minutes long push it up to 3 by the time we got home

I put the kitty food up on the counter, put the trash & recycle bin in the bathroom, closed the bed room doors, wedge the food closet shut & guess what........

Georgia was a very good girl she moved her water dish a bit but it is on the rug so no big deal we are so very proud of her

1 - 13 of 13 Posts