Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on our way home from my 8th grader's wrestling meet, and as we drove though one of towns we cam across 2 Beagles running across the highway. It was rainy and dark, and we couldn't figure out what to do. We turned back and pulled over and called them. They came right up to the car.
They had collars, but no tags.
We didn't know what to do, so we loaded them up and turned around, and drove back into town to a gas station.
Luckily, the Beags had collars with those plates with name and phone number on them!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
We called the number, and they had been looking for their dogs for several hours. They are outside dogs, and somehow got loose.
Promise is a 9 year old female and Gem is 2 year old female. The owner takes them to hunting competitions. So cute, and soaking wet, and shivering. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Polly and Georgia had lots of sniffing to do when we finally got home!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

What a nice way to start the holiday season! :heart:

·
Registered
650 Posts
THANK YOU!! for stopping to pick them up!! Those little collar tags are worth their weight in gold whenever a dog is lost. All three of mine have their name, address, and phone #, on a heart-shaped tag. One day might be your or my dogs and someone like you will step in to save the day!! :heart: How far away were they from home??

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They might have been a mile or so...the owner met us at the gas station, which was a little less than a mile from where we picked them up. :animal18:

·
Registered
667 Posts
That is just wonderful!!! I always LOVE happy endings...THANK YOU for taking the time to care.

:ecstatic:

Manda

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thank you for saving those two from becoming traffic statistics. I can imagine how happy their owner was.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thank you very much for caring enough to stop and help !! there were beagle angels watching over those 2 and sent your there at the perfect time..... :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow... great job!!! Luckily you were the one to find them and not just someone who doesn't care...
Indeed a great way to start the holiday season and a great way to end a day :happyhappy:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What a wonderful story! I'm glad everything worked out and the beagles are home safe. Good for you!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree, kudos to you for caring enough to take time out to look after these beagles.

Thank you for sharing the story, which really is a great start to a holiday weekend.

Sylvia

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so glad they had tags on! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
The owner said he won't use those hanging tags, because they get caught on things when his dogs are hunting.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Wow, what relief to know they weren't killed and were able to go back to their owner.

Like ThreeDogNight said...collars with tags are worth their weight in gold. Microchips are fine but only work if there is a scanner close by. If the dogs are lost and found on a weekend or holiday or at night, the chances of the rescuer owning a scanner are not good. Some dog rescuers do have scanners but the average person doesn't.

So, microchips are good but collars with tags are a MUST!!!!!!

~Denise

1 - 17 of 17 Posts