Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobi had his yearly check yesterday and despite my fears he passed. Got his distemper shot, so he's legal in town again. Now just have to get new tags. Vet looked at his moles, and they are nothing to be concerned about, some beagles get them, they start as skin tags, and then grow. We'll have them taken off when we have to do something else they knock him out for.

**** Now the poo question came up, because we have been using Forbid powder in Casie and Cobi's food. It stopped the poo eating, but is rather spendy if you are going to continue it. All the home remedies that he gave us had MSG in them, and so does the Forbid....we asked about that and if giving them MSG (basically salt) could be the key and really good for them nutritionally. That he didn't know, but would get back to us on. He did suggest though that in all his studying of the issue, that it seemed to be a digestive thing in the dogs and suggested that the kind of dog food we fed our dogs or anyone does has something to do with it. So he suggested a change in their diet, and to add some green beans and hot sauce once or twice a week extra to make their poo not smell so tasty.
I'll let you know if we have any success.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Glad to hear the exam went well and the growths are just skin tags. You must feel very relieved.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Glad Cobi passed with flying colors! Interesting about the MSG -- I have to say that I would be worried about dispensing something with MSG since so many humans have terrible side effects when eating foods that contain MSG and dogs do seem mirror humans with regard to illnesses, reactions, etc. Would be interesting to see if any studies have been done with regard to MSG effects in dogs. Do let us know how the food change/green beans/hot sauce goes!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Happy to hear all is well!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yay!!

My brother's old roommate's dog had digestive issues. My brother's dog used to eat her poo all the time...sometimes before it'd hit the ground (can we say gross???). The vet said it was b/c essentially, the food was going straight through the roommates dog, and my brother's dog just thought it was warmed up dog treat.

Please do let us know about the green beans and hot sauce. I've been wanting to do something with JoJo...she always finds a piece we've missed and feels the need to snack.

Again...BLEH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts