Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 20+ years we've always had at least 2 dogs, sometimes 3. Since we had to let our lab go in May we've only had Murphy. We've discussed it and thought that we'd like Murphy to be an only child for a while.

Some of you may remember that we tried to adopt a beagle mix in June, but sadly it didn't work out. We were heartbroken, but we've financially supported the dog we tried to adopt and she has since been placed in a great home. Other beagles that show up at the rescue leagues seem to be quickly adopted (that's a good thing).

The breeder from whom we purchased Murphy has a website with available puppies. A few days ago I happened to take a look and she has a 12 week old female still available. This evening I happened to mention to my wife that there was a little girl who needed a home-and she looked just like Murphy. According to the website she's still available and already being housebroken and trained.

I expected my wife to give me one of those looks. To my surprise she said that she's been thinking that Murphy needs a brother or sister, but she'd like a dog just like him. Smaller, not much shedding, etc. After a few minutes of discussion we decided that we'd adopt her if she's still available.

I emailed the breeder and, if she's still available, she'll be coming home with us soon. According to the information on the website she'll be fairly small-around 15 pounds when mature (both parents were small). For us that's perfect.

We still think that we have enough room in our hearts and home for 2. Keep your fingers crossed.....

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very cute! Let us know how it goes. I'm sure Murphy would love to have a sister around.
I know JoJo would go nuts over another dog in the house.

·
Registered
605 Posts
So beautiful! I think Murphy will love her!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations!!! They DO look just alike - how neat!! Keep us posted on how they are doing together...I'm sure you've already got stories!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats. Looks lke she has the couch sleeping down already. All you have to do now is find a new place to sit.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

How adorable! They looks so sweet together, and innocent

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm jealous of the cuteness!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Too cute for words!