Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spokanimal, a local rescue, received 14 Beagles. They happen to be just a couple of blocks away from my shop and this is what I saw. They received 14 and told me they received over 700 applications for adoptions. I think I’ll send them one and see what happens.

Attachments

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww crap. Just out of curiosity I sent an email to Spokanimal. I know they’ve received a lot of applications but I thought I would anyways. I sent a nice email along with Buddy’s vaccine history and a lot of pictures. It only took half an hour before I received a reply asking me to stop by tomorrow and pick one out.

What did I just do? I’ll take a look but, more importantly, I need to consider what’s best for Bud. I know one of these rescues will require some time and patience but he has issues I need to deal with.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did go look at them today. Out of 16 they had 8 left. I really was so tempted but I felt it was better that I not. As I stated earlier I need to be concerned about Bud. He is what’s important now. And, as Cassie said, it would be a lot of work for me and I am dealing with a lot right now. Age wise I was told they were 6 to 8 months old. Even at that young age they all were taller than Bud. They did have four more appointments scheduled for today. I also asked why she replied so quickly to me and she said that from my email she know I would be perfect.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve really only had one dog and that is Buddy. I always wanted a Beagle and I have had no regrets in getting him. He was about ten weeks old when I brought him home so I have had a tremendous impact on his personality. As a result he is a unique critter. He and I just get each other. As a result when I was looking at the rescues, eight of them, all I could do was compare them to him. I know that may not be fair but it is just the way it was. They were young and still had to “develop”. I picked Bud out of a litter. He was running around on the floor and when I picked him up there was just an instant bond. I just wasn’t able to feel it with the rescues.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the email I sent. I guess I might have overdone it a bit.

HI Dori,
I am interested in adopting one of the Beagles that you have received. I know that many people have inquired about them but I do feel that I can provide a wonderful home for one. First, I have
experience with Beagles. I
only have one pet and he is Buddy, my 12 yr old Beagle. Buddy has been with me since he was 8 weeks old and he has had a great life. He is my companion and we have had many adventures together. We’ve gone camping,
fishing, taken long walks and road trips together. Because of my experience with Buddy I am fully aware of the issues they present but it is because of these that I find them so entertaining and endearing. I own my own home
and the yard is fully fenced in. I can provide any references that may be needed. Buddy’s vet is the Garland Animal Clinic and I have given them permission to answer any questions regarding Buddy’s care. He is current on his
vaccines and I’ve included a copY of his history. I also understand that a home inspection may be necessary and will gladly provide one.

I’ve also attached several pictures of Buddy.

Thanks you for your consideration,
Mike Shelton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts