Our Beagle World Forums banner

We graduated today!!!

3K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  My2Beagles 
#1 ·
I'm happy to announce that Chloe and I graduated today /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif from our Therapy Assistance training course. We will be evaluated in 2 weeks (the weekend after Memorial weekend).

The instructor of the class we took ("Go Say Hi") will also be the evaluator on behalf of the Delta Society, and she told me just before we left, that she is sure we will do great! She loves Chloe and says that she thinks Chloe and I have a special connection... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

I'm going to have to work with Chloe a LOT during these next 2 weeks, but I'm sure we can do it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, congrats Eleanor and Chloe!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. It makes perfect sense to use a beagle for therapy work. Good luck, Chloe, on passing your final exam!!

#7 ·
WoooHooo! How wonderful for you both, and how especially wonderful for all the people that will have some extra happiness in their life because of you and Chloe. I have no doubt she'll pass her evaluation with flying colors!

#15 ·
Congratulations to both of you. You two are gonna do great during your evaluation. I can't imagine any better breed of dog for therapy assistance than a beagle. But maybe that's because I am a wee bit prejudice.

#20 ·
congrats!!! that's awesome
i've heard beagles are great for therapy

i would love to eventually get snoopy involved with something like that!
way to go!!!

#21 ·
I'm impressed and congratulations to you. What is envolved in a Therapy Assistance training course? The word Assistance is what confuses me. If this is just the first step to Chloe becoming a Therapy Dog I'm sure she will do great. Beagles have enough love to share with many and a merry little hound can bring lots of joy to places and people were happiness is in short supply. Way to go Eleanor and good for Chloe.

#22 ·
Thank you everyone for your encouragements and kind words.

Bob, therapy assistance team is a team of Man + Dog, going to visit in hospitals/hospices/nursing homes/school and basically making the residents happy. Whether if we are just present in the room during their treatments, or just visit their rooms for a little petting. In some cases, we also participate in the doctor/patient or physical therapist/patient session (with guidance and strict rule of course).

I hope that Chloe and I will be able to bring smiles and comfort for those people we will be visiting.

#23 ·
All the Therapy dogs I;ve known were just well manner sweeties that visited hospices/hospitals/etc and brought joy. The assistance I guess is when the patient is being treated. I'm sure Chloe and you will be bring a lot of happiness and comfort to those you visit. There is nothing like a puppy to cheer up a person and beagles are eternal puppies. Again congratulations!

#25 ·
I just know you and Chloe will bring lots of happy smiles to the patients you visit. When I get home from work today, I will have to tell Shiloh that there is another Beagle out there bringing joy to all the patients. Shiloh loves going to visit and I know when he was having problems with his tailbone and we couldn't visit, he really was starting to miss it. But we are back at visiting - the hospice we went to last week - there was an elderly gentleman sitting on one of the sofa's - the man motioned to Shiloh to come sit beside him so up on the sofa Shiloh went and turned around to sit down - the man loved it and talked to Shiloh quite a bit. Now, it will soon be Shasta's turn in a few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.