Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she is Beagle mixed with some Basset I think. My sister-in-laws mom has had this girl show up at her preschool and she calls the pound they come and get her the owner claims her and then she is out again, this has happened 5 times so this time they kept her and called me to ask if we wanted her and of course I said yes
. They had talked with the original owners once or twice and didn't seem to think they were very nice to her. Anyways she looks healthy she is very sweet and we do know she has had a few litters of pups. She is having large amounts of loose stools I hope that's just because of the food she's been eating. One weird thing I noticed is when she poops she hangs her rear end in the planter around our tree

We named her Emily.
I feel a little guilty with taking her but getting out 5 times is a bit much. My camera is out of batteries but I will try to get pics soon.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh yes, please keep her. If she gets out 5 times something is wrong.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congratulations on number 3!!! If you got her from the pound I would make sure that you have documentation (adoption agreement) which would make her legally yours. As for the loose stool, that can be expected and should clear up in a few days. It's great that she's going to have a good home now!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well we had to give her back this morning. I am so upset. Our female Daisy has some aggression issues and just wasn't going to leave this new dog alone. Her aggression started about 3 yrs ago towards our male dog for no reason, she has bitten his ears and made them bleed several times. She attacks if someone says hi to him first or if she thinks he is going to get a bite of food or she has just come at him out of nowhere and bitten him. I feel so stupid I thought maybe if there were 3 of them she wouldn't act this way. There is no way I could be referee all day. My sister-in-law said she knew of someone else who said they would take her if it didn't work out at my house so that makes me feel better but I really wanted to keep her and I'm mad at my hubby because he called it like it was last night at the first growl and showing of the teeth I just didn't want to see it. I'm so angry at her for being so vicious with other dogs. I wanted so bad to take this girl in but I didn't know how to make it work. Any one else have aggression issues like this and is it common in beagles?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. One of our bridge beagles, Bo, was very aggressive towards Shadow, another Bridge beagleX. Bo was food aggressive, and would attack Shadow seemingly without cause. He wasn't neutered when Shadow came which didn't help, and that was our error. We had him neutered and, after several months, he calmed down. He didn't attack Shadow as he'd done before, but never really got over the resentment. So, there are beagles with aggression problems. It is frustrating. In our case, a wonderful stray came to our house, and we really wanted to keep him, but had to find him a home because of Bo's aggression issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts