Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been having mouse problem, nothing seems to work so I bought this kind of cage from Chinatown. Put a piece of corn on a cob just like that owner of the store taught me. After a whole week, nothing. I thought to myself, maybe I should change bait. Yesterday, I heard Charlie barked fiercely under the apple tree where I had the cage. I went out to see Charlie went crazy barking at a mouse in the cage! Poor mouse was so scare of Charlie, that it scrambled around in that little cage.
I found out later it lost its tip of its tail to the cage.
I called the pest control guy to pick it up, he ended up letting it loose up on the hill side.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I bought a havaheart trap a few years ago when we had a mousie problem. Didn't catch anything - however, one night was sitting here and noticed the beagles staring at something on the couch - and there was a dead mousie that they were guarding! YUCK! I have no idea who caught and killed it - but it was quite dead!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We caught 13 mice in our attic, at first letting them go in our woods. Someone told us the mice probably got home quicker than us! So we drove the mice a few kilometres and let them out in the countryside. These are pretty haselnut mice, or field mice. Also had one in our kitchen, it had climbed up the vine and come in through the window. First I knew about it was a partly eaten bar of chocolate with whisky in it. I put a trap under the sink and bingo, next morning was a sweet little mouse with big black eyes. It also was taken into the countryside.
At present we have weasels in the attic, it sounds like they are playing football up there. Alas we found the remain of a pigeon that they must have killed. The mice are moving in ready for the winter, we dont have the heart to put them out when it gets really cold, which is soon.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks, I do not have a heart to kill any living things even pest. Mousie, I'm worry that they might chew up any cable lines under the house. Charlie might be poisoned if I put out the poison bait.
The pest control guy said next time I should drown the mousie first before calling him. If people sees him letting go a mouse, he might get fine or the company gets lawsuit for it.
He told me that the little rascal jumped at him when he opened the gate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts