Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past 3 weeks has been filled with ups and down. My dad was put in the hospital due to a test he had done showing one of the artery is 80% blocked. They went in doing a angioplasty and found only 30%, so they did nothing. Then my Uncle had a Heart attack 3 days later (May 9th) and his heart stopped beating, but they was able to revive him. But due to being without Oxygen for some long he had no brain function, so the life support was removed Wed May 14th. I took care of cleaning up after my Uncle since he was living at my Grandma's house and he collected a huge amount of metal and scrap stuff. Also had to get titles swapped to my grandmother's name, and remodeled the bathroom at my Grandma since the old sink was looking bad. I put a new sink and cabinet in the bathroom and replaced some light fixtures.

Also since i was there I took care of a long list of things that need to be done to make the place nicer to live in.

Then I spent the last day of my summer break with my parents and then i came back to Lubbock yesterday.

Dixie is doing good, she got to spend alot of time with my little cousins, and she has been eating cat food the whole time! lol she has put a lb on or two, but what got me is her fur is shedding really bad, don't know if it is related to the summer time, or the cat food.

Also a buddy of mine gave me this when i got back to Lubbock!

Hope things been good around here!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wow, what a time you had! Sorry about your uncle but hope your dad is doing better now.

Dixie looks as cute as ever. As for the shedding, my beagle shed all year round, but a bit more heavily in summer and again before the coming of the cold season. I've no idea about dogs eating cat food though.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So sorry to hear of your problems, what a nightmare. Hope you father is doing well now. You are very kind to do so much for your grandma.
Dixie is simply adorable. As for the fur shedding, our two are shedding like mad, getting rid of their winter coats. Its the hot weather.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dad is doing good, matter of fact he was able to go back to work after 5 days, but due to what happen he took off for more.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like your dad had a quick recovery though. Your grandma is lucky to have you to help her. Dixie has such a cute little face, I am sure it wasn't hard for her to coax snacks from your cousins.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, wow! You've been busy. Sorry about your uncle and I hope your father continues to do better. I'm sure you are a little relieved to get back to your own life....

Love the Dixie plate

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's good to see a post from you, and I'm sorry for the rough time you've had. Hope things are looking up, now. Dixie's beautiful, as always. Love her outlined eyes!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Madison. I was looking for ya. Sorry to hear how things have been. Hope it gets better soon!

Dixie is such a doll baby.

please do not mention hair. Marley may hear you and think he has not shed enough. If you saw my couch you would gag.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: Marley's Mommy

please do not mention hair. Marley may hear you and think he has not shed enough. If you saw my couch you would gag.

Well it don't really bother me too much, just have to spend alittle more time with a lint roller! lol

Either way i am chalking it up as summer time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. I hope your Dad continues his speedy recovery.

My two are shedding pretty bad right now, too. I am on board with the warm weather being the culprit!

Good to see you and little Dixie! She just looks like such a little lady, a sweetheart!

BTW, I hear some experts predicting Tech to take the Big 12 (in football, of course!) this year! I think they are nuts (lol), but that's what they say...

your resident Sooner fan...

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome back, madison and Dixie!!
I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle, and for your dad's health problems. I know your grandmother really appreciated all the work you did around her house for her. (Hey, I could use a new sink in my downstairs bathroom, if you want to come North!!:D) Dixie loks like she's doing real well, and I love the tag your friend gave you! As for the shedding, my Shiloh sheds constantly--if I could knit, I could make another dog with the hair she's lost. But spring and summer, the fur really flies!!
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Wow, you had a rough time, but got a lot accomplished at the same time. Welcome back!
Just the other day my girl friend mentioned about reciprocate. Her mom is sick, she needs to go back Hong Kong to take care of her. It is always warm at heart and rewarding taking care of someone in needs in return too.
Dixie has grown! She is a big girl now.
I give cat food as treats to Charlie sometimes, I put them in the tumbling toy which only dispense one or two at a time. Keep him busy. Take care!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts