Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at a Petsmart Saturday, and there was a lovely basset for adoption. Wish we could have taken her, but we're at our limit right now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Seeing her make me think of Sylvia's Harvey. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif How's the senior gentleman doing these days?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are these little uplifting things I look forward to. Tales of Harvey and Kip Reports are two things that I can't go a long time without. Sandy, I heartily second your request.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
We dog sat for Harvey pops today and when Andy decided that he was taking our boys and little girl into the local woods I felt so sorry for the old guy that I loaded him into my car and took him along too. I parked the car right next to the woodland and it took us 15 minutes just to get from the car park to the first tree. After that Harvey ensured that he left his hound trail on every tree that he came across. He had a good roll in some rabbit droppings (sorry mum /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif ) and after a very, very, very slow walk we headed back to the carpark. Once arriving at the car park Harvey decided that he was walking no further. He stood looking at me as much as to say "That's it, I am done in and I am not moving!!!" and so I had no alternative but to leave him standing at the side of the carpark whilst I moved my car next to him.... :eyes: unbelievable!! I then took him home (to his real mum) where he had a great guzzle of water, collapsed in his bed and took to snoring..bless him.

He continues to be a delight and we love him as though he has been with us all of his life. He was definately my best friend yesterday when I got back from Crufts with bags of goodies. Hounds and their noses..god love 'em.

Here's a few photos I took on my mobile phone whilst out today (bit grainy but you get the scene)

Before his adventure

Walking up the hill...pheww hard work for an old guy!!

OOOOh great Rascally Rabbit droppings to roll in!!

I might stink, but aren't I cute!!

Lisa

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update, and the pictures! It looks like Harvey had a great time even though it was at a slow pace. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I always enjoy reading about the old fellow's antics. Once again, bless your mum, and you, for making his senior days so happy. :angel:

G

·
0 Posts
What a stately old gentleman. A lady I work with recently adopted a 9 yr old basset and her tails sound alot like this old mans.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Lovely pics Wayfarer, how old is Harvey? Loved the story of his outing as well.
Did you enter any of your hounds at Crufts? We watch it on t.v. but its not the same as the real thing.

Anyway hope Harvey continues to enjoy life for some time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Harvey Report. I think Harvey is 14, at least the last pssword I used at work (have to change every 2 months) was harvey14 because he was 14 about 3 months ago /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Hi kids! I was wondering about Harvey too. A co-worker adopted a Bassett last year, so we often 'talk hounds' /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Glad to hear Harvey enjoyed his day at the park. I'm sure if he could, he would give you a big sloppy kiss to thank you for it.

If I may, I'd like to give a little Kip update. We've been having some bad storms rumble through our area lately. Kip is still upset by them but, not nearly as bad as before. Last Sunday early morning, the thunder woke me up. I was waiting for Kip to let me know that it was storming. But, she stayed in her bed. She was trembling and panting, but, that was all. I told her she was a very brave little girl. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aw-www, Kip, you're getting to be such a brave girl. :thumbup: I'll bet you're beginning to realize that Mom's not going to let those nasty thunderstorms hurt you.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Hi All

It is with a heavy heart that I visit you today. Some of you may remember that about two years ago my mum adopted a 15 year old Basset called Harvey, and you kindly allowed him to become an honorary beagle.

Well, he has had a brilliant two years with mum but rainbow bridge called for him on Saturday.

We found out two weeks ago that Harvey had a tumour on the spleen. The vets said he could have two months or two weeks, and sadly it was the latter. In the early hours of Saturday morning the tumour burst and Harvey was suffering and so mum had no choice but to say goodbye to the old chap.

He has left a real gap and we will always love and miss him. Mum's house feels soooo empty without him. She might offer a loving home to another old hound in the future, but it hurts too much to think about it at the moment.

Mum now has to call round to see us to get her hound fix and our four make sure they give her plenty of love.

Sorry to post such sad news after not posting for such a long time, but I thought you would like to know.

Speak to you all soon.

Lisa & Andy
Proud owners of Barney, Buster, Jasper & Skye

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so sorry to read this sad news. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I've been thinking about Harvey lately, and was planning to ask how he's doing. I know your mum and your family will miss him terribly, but it's so wonderful that his final years were filled with so much love. :heart: Please convey my deepest sympathy to your mum.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Godspeed Harvey. Harvey was very lucky to have had your mum in his final years. I suspect his first owner was waiting at the Bridge for Harvey and they are catching up on all that has happened. I'd like to think Harvey and his former owner will wait your Mum. My sincere well wishes to your Mum.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
So sorry to hear your sad news. He looks like a wonderful old gentleman. He was blessed to have a good life for his last few years.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Aww bless you and your mom for giving him a splendid last few years. He was blessed to have you both and you two were blessed to have him!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. Please give your mum my love and prayers.

I'm sure Harvey already thought heaven had found him when he came to live with your loving family.

Thank you for letting us share his final years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts