Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to thank all of you who enlightened me to the water bottle. Its been an absolute lifesaver! Who'd have thunk a hound could fear 99c worth of plastic. I feel like I have such POWER!

Even my husband and teenagers are learning to Fear the Bottle.
SO glad I joined this group

·
Registered
38 Posts
Better be careful lest your husband and kids discover THE HOSE.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A water bottle filled with icy water has been the only way I can get my 16 yr old son out of bed before noon on weekends. LOL!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Whenever your puppy is into something bad, you give him a squirt. I got it because Winston would try to chew our feet, and pantlegs. Now he will touch them, and look up at you. If the water bottle is in our hand, he backs off. I have also used it to get him to drop something taboo. Sometimes he gets a hold of the kids stuff (they just got to learn to put things away!), and he'll run. Now I just spray him, and he usually drops it. He should be thankful for it, it keeps him out of a lot of trouble!
I can honestly say he's calmed down since the introduction of our water bottle. Now when I cook supper, he doesn't chase after my feet, but sits on the mat in the kitchen quietly until someone can play.

PS - I usually just aim it at my 16 year old son to get him out of bed. One look at it and he's up! Also works when he's into the fridge 10 minutes before supper.

Yes you can take back your Household!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am so glad it worked for you! It never worked for Baxter. He just stared at me like what are you doing lady???
The hose on the other hand, stops him in his tracks. It took one squirt and he hawk eyes the nozzle when we are outside.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm so glad it's working for you!! It worked really well for us. Although I will say it doesn't work too well anymore for barking while we walk. Rocky always just comes back soaked.
But when we used it around the house it worked very well. Eventually you'll be able to stop using it. We practically never need it these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts