Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some a while ago i read someone's posting (dont remember who, sorry) about putting some treats in an empty water bottle and giving it to the beagle as a chew toy. I have been studying all day so Arty hasnt had much fun today. So then I remembered that posting about the water bottle thing and I tried it out as a last ditch effort to entertain the guy while I continued to study.

I found an old water bottle, stuffed it with a piece of deli ham, chunks of cheese, and a broken up dog biscuit. At first it took him a while to figure it out but then he got it and he was chewing like mad.

Long story short - it was AWESOME! what a great idea for a pet toy, and it doesnt cost much, AND he actually plays with it.

The downside though is that I spent the whole ten mins watching him tear it up and laughing at his goofy silliness rather than using the time to study like i intended to. But how can you not watch something so cute?

here's a really bad video of it from my cell phone in case you were curious: new chew toy! click here

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
That's a great idea. I spent $12 on a busy ball for Molly and I have a ton of water bottles in the cabinet.

Tupperware bowls are very entertaining too, its funny to watch them push the bowl around on the kitchen floor or to carry the bowl and try to run.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Diggity loves that too! We've been using the vitamin water bottles since they are a bit bigger and stronger. She can't grab them as easily and when she tries they go shooting across the hardwood floor, with her running after them. They don't even have to have anything in them for her.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I give Caesar and Emma empty water battles with treats too. They just LOVE it!!! I vacuumed under the couch the other day and found 4 chewed up bottles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.