Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Who would give their dog a glass bowl anyways. I could see it if you were feeding him and picked it up afterwards. But to make that the regular water/food bowl is just asking for disaster. Although more so from breaking, who would of thunk it could cause a fire too. Talk about a 1:1,000,000,000 odds.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit, that's something that's never occurred to me. We don't use glass bowls for the dogs, but now I know never to do that.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
This happened not too far from where I live so it made all the local news reports. Even the fire department was amazed but they couldn't find any other possible cause for the fire.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hmmm..I can't imagine using a glass bowl as their every day bowl either. Shoot my dogs play with their bowls too much to give them glass. I wonder if stainless steel might be a bad idea for the same reason? If it were to be an outside bowl though I can't imagine using anything but plastic. Even that can cause the water to heat up more than I like, but glass is crazy. Bizarre story, but thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Stainless bowls all around here. Outside, they get left in the shade. They also get picked up if we are not home and brought in. In the dead of summer, the water gets changed frequently as well.

Odd that the bowl casued the fire, but makes sense

·
Registered
472 Posts
Why would anyone leave their dogs water out in the sun??

·
Registered
889 Posts
I also thought a glass dog bowl was odd. We've always had plastic, stainless, or ceramic. Thank goodness someone saved the dog!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts