Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wash some of Buddy's blankets and beds. Is there any type of detergent you guys use or just use the regular one i use for my clothes?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I usually use free and clear detergent, something that doesn't have dyes and perfumes in it. I also don't use any fabric softener.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
hmmm...I've never done anything different than normal for our clothes vs the dog blankets. I use Purex detergent and Bounce fabric softener sheets in the dryer. None of my dogs have issues with allergies to the products I have used so I have never given it much thought.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm usually just adding to my own wash load. If I do a load with only Chloe's stuff (rarely), I pre-wash it with a little Nature's Miracle.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hmm...I didn't know there was any special precautions to take with the furball's stuff. I usually wash all his bedding, blankets, and his non-rubber toys together with regular detergent. I DO have problems with dog hair, tho

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I always just wash Jersey's stuff with my regular laundry soap (Tide). If she had an accident or something got particularly smelly I'll add some Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle as well. I figure she sleeps on my bed on sheets that get washed with my regular soap anyway, so why use anything different for her?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've always used regular laundry detergent with 1/2 cup bleach, then sometimes a fabric softener sheet in the dryer. Is it bad to use bleach?? I noticed no one else mentioned it...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I never mentioned bleach because I only use bleach on my whites and none of the beagles have white blankets. Otherwise I am sure I would use bleach too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used bleach a few times on Ben's blanket (when he was crated) b/c he was sick and vomitted or had runny bum.

As a rule I generally try not to use bleach with any of our laundry for environmental reasons.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I should mention, too, that I try to use as many environmentally friendly products in my house as possible (including the dye/perfume-free laundry detergent) because they tend to bother me less than regular cleansers and detergents - for instance, Pine Sol, bleach, and some bathroom cleansers tend to make me ill and give me migraines. I suspect Spock has developed allergies - no dog sneezes so much every day for no reason, and we're getting that checked out at our next vet visit - so anything I can do to cut down on the chemicals and perfumes he's exposed to is probably better for him as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts