Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We switched the food we feed the "boys" from Purina to Innova. In all of the studies and stories that I have read, Innova grades at the top of healthy pet food choices. I know from my own life, if I feed my body the wrong food, I always feel bad, tired, sleepy and have much joint pain. The opposite is true also.

So if we feed our pets unhealthy foods, a natural conclusion can be drawn to say they as well will have an unhealthy life.

Vinny has had seizures since he was 6 months. After three blood tests, he was diagnosed as having epilepsy. He has been on Phenobarbatol since then. The seziures have become more intense and increased in frequency over time. He was averaging 1 seizure every 20 days. His last seizure was right after Christmas. Its now the end of March.

We switched to Innova sometime in mid November. Is the corralation of healthier food and seizure reduction just a coincidence? Maybe it is. However the fact remains, we haven't had to witness Vinny fall down and shake and convulce for nearly 3 months. If this trend continues, I will have his blood retested and hopefully be able to take him of the Phenobarbitol.

So please, if you are trying to decide weather to switch to a healthier food for your pets, take it from me, it is well worth few extra dollars you will spend for the better quality food. Had I known 3 years ago what I know now, we might not have spent thousands of dollars trying to make Vinny well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angel.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I agree completely!
Quote:So please, if you are trying to decide weather to switch to a healthier food for your pets, take it from me, it is well worth few extra dollars you will spend for the better quality food.
I hope Vinny continues to improve! Abby sends lots of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Keeping fingers crossed that the Innova keeps those seizures at bay! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif I get Maggie's Innova stuff from a distributor here in Valrico -- definitely less expensive than buying from a store.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
My daughter has her Australian Shepherd on Innova, and she swears by it. Her dog has always been prone to frequent/yearly respiratory infections, but since switching to Innova 2 years ago, she's had no further problems!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Alright Vinny! I hope that the change in food keeps you nice and healthy! Personally, I love Innova food. Jersey has been on Innova her entire life (at least her entire life with me). Amber was on it before her. It was the only thing that Amber could eat that she wasn't allergic to. She'd have bouts of skin allergies and lose all the fur around the base of her tail. I switched her to Innova and that all stopped. It may be a bit expensive, but in my opinion it's worth the few extra dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I agree as well, the benefits of a high quality healthy dog food is unbeatable. I am actually looking to switch my two over to Evo as well. I have heard great things about them and because Spencer has allergies, we are pretty limited on what they can have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts