Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone here has an in-ground pool, at the very minimum PLEASE KEEP IT COVERED! The best thing I feel, is keep it fenced and gated and the dog in the house unless you are there to supervise.

This is a lesson learned the hard-way and I am so glad it was not me. My co-worker and office mate just found out that when the company was at her home this morning to clean their pool, they found her dog – in the pool and it had apparently drowned. This dog was an indoor-outdoor dog – they did not keep her in all the time. They also did not keep the pool covered because “the dog wouldn’t go near it – she skirts the whole area of the pool.” Well, something happened. Ok – maybe I sound a little heartless but a careless act like this – is so preventable. And some may say that they didn’t want to bother with the cover or they couldn’t afford one at the time – if they can afford an in-ground pool with the usual maintenance then they ought to be able to afford the cover. And now she has to explain this to her 3 small kids. And now there is another little Westie angel at the Rainbow Bridge. So terribly sad.

Dogs and swimming pools don't mix UNLESS there is supervision by an adult - just like with kids and pools.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it turns out they don't even have a fenced yard - they allowed the poor baby to roam (thank goodness she was spayed). Some neighbors nearby have a pond with snakes in it - they think the dog may have got bit then in her disorientation to get home, she fell in the pool. (Sounds like a possible story they made up in order to not feel so guilty about the whole situation - if they had a fence around the yard or kept a closer eye on the dog, this wouldn't have happened)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.