Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I'm so excited about my new beagle Miley. We just got her, she's 14 months old and a pleasure!!! I'm in LOVE. This is my first beagle ever (I always had bullmastiffs) and I'm crazy about her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah Sandy - I lost my bullmastiff to old age and my heart wasn't ready to let another one in yet and my husband is tired of the massive poops lol. He always wanted a beagle so I let him have his way and I'm so happy I did! It turned out to be a great choice for the both of us.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome!!!! Beagles are the best (but then again, it's a beagle forum, so...).

You're in for the ride of your life with your new beag. Enjoy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to BW!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Miley sure is a very pretty girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm loving her so much!! But one question...

Do they ever sit still?!? I don't think I've seen her lay down yet (except when she's in the crate at night and when we aren't home).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: luv_my_mileyI'm loving her so much!! But one question...

Do they ever sit still?!? I don't think I've seen her lay down yet (except when she's in the crate at night and when we aren't home).
No - they don't sit still. When they do, that's your sign that something is wrong... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
ROFLMAO! Yes, they DO sit still sometimes! But they are very energetic dogs. She's beautiful and yes, you're in for an experience if she's your first beagle. I was over 60 when I got my first beagle (for my granddaughter) - and I said "I will NEVER have another DAMNED beagle". Boy have I eaten those words many times since I now have a "tenpack", with a litter on the way! You've come to the right place for advice - everyone is very helpful here.
Welcome to Beagle World!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to BW! Looking forward to hearing all about Miley's antics and seeing lots of pics. My beagle, Maggie, is almost 13 -- I adopted her when she was about 1 year old. From what I can remember, she was always a very laid-back pup but I suspect that Miley is more typical of the breed.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My Li'l Girl is laid back, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleepy.gif When she's not outside sniffing, she's usually napping or following me hoping for a treat.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome! Give her a few more months to calm down, but expect some of her energy to be a part of her personality. My beagle mix is 18 months old (adopted at 1 year) and sort of a laid-back energetic guy at the same time. A good beagle is a tired beagle! If you wear her out she may sit still...thank goodness I live out in the boonies with my beag!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy, Welcome to Beagle World. My beagle Bagel is 13/14 years old now and he still hasn't slowed down /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.