Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two five month old boys from the same litter, and when they're on their separate leashes they like to wrestle, which makes if tough to walk them. They're not old enough for slip collars. Any tips or tricks on getting them to walk without constantly trying to play with each other? Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have two beagles that I walk on a twin attachment leash - this works fine for me and means less pulling from Ruby who is younger. However, ths might not work as well for you as your two are both so young!

The attachment fixes to both collars and links the two dogs together approximately 35cm apart then you attach a leash to the central loop - I find it gives you more control so it may be worth a try - good luck!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I was going to suggest the split lead as well. We got one for Roscoe and Cole and much to my surprise it worked wonderfully!

I walk them on separate leads sometimes though, depends on my mood :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been considering buying one of the split leashes. I walk both of my girls at once. If they have a lot of energy they will fight at first then they will calm down. Whatever you do, don't walk them at the same time with those extend leashes. (The ones have that have the buttons with the thin little cord.) I made this mistake and learned a horrible lesson. I won't get into the story, but I have a scared for life leg now. Oh my. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts