Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1 1/2 year old beagle who is still learning to walk without pulling. I am trying, and sometimes we have good days and bad days. I redirect, stop, and praise when she's doing it right.

So now we have a 4 month old beagle. And well, i tried walking 2 dogs, same time, what a disaster! I can't run, so that's out. They go in different directions. Yes it was only the first time walking.

Any suggestions before it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My 8yr old is a puller... ive tried every training recommendation AND many type halters that explicitly say they stop pulling... none have worked well. Its all about the nose directing the direction they want to go. ...and yes Ive given up... but hey good luck...lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,010 Posts
I have two also and one is a puller. We trained them to walk by our side using tasty training treats. Keep their leashes short and reward them for walking by your side. I recommend a training class especially for the younger beag. Double leashes don't work well with beags because you won't have the control and they will want to go in different directions. Shirt leashes are the best to keep them under control. Molly wears a harness and Oliver, the puller, wears a martingale collar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one, adopted three months ago. It's really tired when walking her. She is too excited when walk her, I think it is she walks me at the first time. At present, we get along with each other better, she tried to slow down when I called Lucy her name. It's really interesting.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Have you tried a gentle leader? I have a Beagle and a Golden. I also keep my leash short on both of them. When the Golden was younger she was excited on walks. I used a gentle leader and that worked like magic. I use a wonder walker body harness now on both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts