Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask what kind of walks/how many you took your beagles on.
Mine (Bella) is a beagle crossed with pug but very much more like a beagle in both behaviour and appearance.
She gets 4 walks a day, ends up being about 2 hours or just over all together. Mid morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, evening. Three that are between half hour and forty minutes and also a twenty minute one.
The twenty minute one is off lead on some fields so she has a chance to gallop around. Other three are mostly on lead but with some off lead time and also plenty of opportunities to sniff.
It is about 5-6 miles every day.
I thought this was fine because when we get home from a walk she will have a quick search for food/mad five minutes of wrestling with her bed then go to sleep and be quite contented until it's time for her next walk.
But recently I saw someone saying that you should walk a dog until they're panting/clearly worn out.
The only time Bella has been worn out to the extent of taking a break or panting has been after playing with her doggie pals on the fields and even then she only rests for a few minutes before jumping back in, so maybe she just doesn't get tired like that!
To put my mind at ease etc. how much/often do you walk yours?

·
Super Moderator
5,015 Posts
I think you are doing a great job with walks!

We have a fenced yard and our beags are 10 and 14 years old so they get one short walk a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts