Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joey used to wake up around 6 am which is great because thats wen I had to get up for work anyway...
But a week ago he has began waking up at 4 am :( I try ignoring him, but he just burrows his way in.
I would like him to sleep outside our bedroom but he has real bad seperation anxiety.
Any tips?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Is he going to sleep any earlier than before? Maybe a good long walk or exercise before bedtime might help.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeh many more exercise before going to bed, if not done so already, maybe potty?

I know our Charlie started this a bit ago too, however; his is FEED ME BREAKFAST NOW PLEASE I'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR HOURS..lol I say...no breaky yet Charlie go back to sleep. he just stares at me like he's stalking me looking over my head *i peak* he's still looking so I cover my head, so he can't see me, then he goes back to sleep haaaaaaaaaaaha, man can our pets love food

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmm....so nothing has changed with his schedule? Could it have to do with the recent time change?

Is he thirsty? Bathroom? I keep a water dish in my room for my girls. (extreme I know.) Maybe it's just a phase. I am sure that he will start sleeping later again soon.

Maybe he needs to be exercised to the point of exhaustion. Do you have any baseball or soccer fields near your home? My girls will be worn out for hours and hours after playing in them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bergand,

As a matter of fact we have had a bit of a schedule change. I started getting up at 530 am due to a new job about a week ago. But we have been going to sleep at the same time, so I would think that he would actually be more sleepy in the morning due to the hour less of sleep. But who knows, I know dogs hate inconsistancy, so maybe he is punishing me for getting up earlier by actually getting up much earlier, LOL.:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts