Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
What a little sweetheart! Are there any sound effects with the patient pose? Mine not only do not wait patiently, but they also grumble if the bowls are not filled quick enough!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually give him a bit of scrambled egg with his kibble. So as soon as I ask want an egg? he does the head tilt, then goes over to the couch and waits there. If I'm not working fast enough, he lets out a little whine.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's funny how well you can train a beagle to sit and wait for their food.

We do the same thing with Bodie. I will tell him to sit outside the kitchen and stay while I prepare his meal. Many times I will be cutting up some left overs and then mix everything up with hot water. So the whole process might take a few minutes, but he won't budge an inch.

But If I tell him to sit and stay when FedEx is at the door, he just ignores me and tries to escape. Food is a wonderful motivator for beagles!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I need to take a picture of the rug Henry sits on in my kitchen while I'm preparing his food...same face, but total silence!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Lovely picture. Our two run to the front door and go in our garden as quickly as they can, knowing I'm filling their bowls indoors. It did wonders with toilet training- they dont get breakfast until they have at least peed.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My guys sit patiently behind me while I am getting their food ready and STARE!

·
Registered
229 Posts
that is such a cute picture. I call that look begale eyes. Squeegee does that all of the time... he looks so sad that I want to do something to cheer him up!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How adorable! Jersey usually waits patiently for her food as well. Most times she won't go to her bowl until I tell her it's OK to take it. Like Brien & Bodie though, she won't sit and wait when it comes to answering the door or anything else.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a handsome fellow! I wish I could get Snoopy to wait so patiently. She hits her bowl with her paw just to remind me what time it is!

·
Registered
865 Posts
How cute! I wish Toby would do that! He starts whining for his food 30-40 minutes before time to eat. And that is before EVERY meal. It drives me crazy!

Lucky, on the other hand, is like, huh? what? time to eat? o.k., o.k.!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love when they do this. Mine will do that on the first landing of my stairs and watch me fix their food. When I'm almost done, they assume their positions in the kitchen and wait patiently (well, usually patiently!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts