Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :wave: ,
Well Tippi finally went in for her ACTHstim/adrenalpanel test this past Thursday and although she gave me the "cold shoulder" when we picked her up, she came through it just fine, with just one minor incident. She pushed the door of her kennel open and the vet tech and the vet had to chase her around the examining room :animal18: . I found this funnier than the vet did. Anyway she slept most of Friday, but seems "perkier" today and she even decided to give me a good morning kiss so I guess her anger at me is subsiding. The results should come back sometime next week and in the meantime we have lined up another vet for a second opinion regardless of what the results turn out to be. Once again I would like to thank all of you at Beagle World. If I had not lucked onto your site, Tippi would still be in limbo healthwise. Your concern and advice opened a door that I thought was closed for good. Will keep you all posted of her progress.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet"
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I sure am saying a prayer that Tippi's results are good......

please keep us up to date and Sammy and I will keeping thinking good thoughts for you both !!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
When will you get the results of the test?

I think it is hilarious that she escaped from the kennel and they had to chase her around. The vet should know how Beagles are.

Let us know.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
So glad this hurdle is over! Sounds like the vet definitely underestimated Tippi ... We will all be waiting with you for test results.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts. We should know something sometime next week.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet".
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
448 Posts
YOu know, my vets dont seem to think beagles are as funny and cute as I do either. When I bring mine in for whatever they need, they just kinda shake their head. Of course, it doesnt help that I refer to Maggie as "the baby" (well,she was born on my bathroom floor~!) and all of that. Oh well.
Hope things go well with the test, keep us all updated!
Judi and the gang

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hope you get some good news for Tippi soon

Lovee the story of her zooming rouns the surgery, sounds like a beagly thing to do.

Caleb does this in kennels when they let him into the exercise yard, when they want to put him back into his pen he does a runner and zooms off, its a bit like the "Wacky Races", he does it to the kennel guy everytime. I told him to lure Caleb with a treat and use the beagle nose to his own advantage!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Fingers and paws crosssed here, Lora, that you get the results of the ACTH soon. The idea of getting a second opinion sounds good too. Do let us know what you find out!
Love the story of Tippi being chased around the vets'. Don't you just love our merry little hounds? Of course she's forgiven you! You rescued her from "that place" and that's the most important thing as far as she's concerned. A little aside: When Shiloh had her LDDS test, which is the long one that lasts all day, I wanted to get her a special welcome home gift, so I bought her a bed. She'd never had a bed of her own. She used to kick Misty out of hers and take it over, but that was more of an alpha-dog wannabe type thing. So I bought her a bed, and was so excited to bring her home and show it to her. She sniffed of it, stepped into it and sniffed some more, then got out and jumped on the sofa!! Silly me, why would she want a little bed when she can have a whole sofa!! :hi: Now the cat sleeps in the bed!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts