Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to the video we shot at the Beagle Field Trials in March. It's nothing exciting, but if you've never seen a pack of beagle track a rabbit it might be of interest.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It is great to see beagles do what they are bred to do! I love when they are all in a column, one right behind the other, with tails wagging.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That was a nice video. Thanks for sharing. I too am a fan of the row of Beagles with their happy tails going. That made me happy to see. And I love how they don't even lift their noses from the ground as they bay.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks for sharing your video Brian. What a bunch of happy, happy campers. Like everyone else - loved the tails in action!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Brien -
Anytime you have a video of a Beagle Field Trial, I'd love to see it. I love watching that and hearing all those beautiful Beagle voices. Last nite Shiloh Beaglebrat got away from me - we live in a regular city neighborhood but it is sort of near the outter edge and we have a few bunnies in the area. We were out walking and the bunny bolted in front of us. Me & Shiloh struggled for a few minutes, even thought I had him under control a time or two but he finally managed to slip his regular collar, a harness and his Halti then he was off. I finally was able to get him with the help of a neighbor and my sis. But before that, he was doing what a lot of those Beagles in the video were doing - frenzied tail wagging, nose near or on the ground at all times with frequent barks or baying and there were times he would barely take a few steps in order to keep on the trail of that rabbit scent. He even managed to find a small wooded area with overgrown brush with a creek running through it. Needless to say, he got a bath last nite.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cool post!!!!
my pack is not that calm.
when they get on a trail its Katie bar the door!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I enjoyed the video, and loved hearing the beagle voices!
I've had the pleasure of seeing labs doing retrieval demonstrations, and herding dog trials, but have never personally seen beagle field trials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.