Our Beagle World Forums banner

vets are people too

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  patama1004 
Great story. You are right, they are peeple too. Murphy & Summer's vet, Dr. Goldacker, has helped us through all of Murphy's most tramatic situations: epilepsy, paralysis, cancer, and now leukemia. She has been there for us at some of the hardest times in his recoveries. She calls Murphy "the miracle beagle". He has been through so much and yet is always happy. She has learned more from him than any other patient she has.

We thank her often, but never enough.

Yes, a good vet is a true blessing! Years ago when my, now at the Bridge, Shadow, had a life threatening illness that required major surgery, the vet was amazing! :thumbup: I still credit his willingness to listen, as well as treat, with saving my boy's life. We now drive an hour each way to take Traveler and Spook to a vet who has shown real concern, and even given us his home phone number so we can always contact him. Sometimes a little inconvenience is overcome by quality of care. :exactly: Great story, Rick.

You are a great story teller. I cried reading about Scooby's end. I am very fortunate that I found a wonderful vet's office. I have used the same vet for the last 14 years now. First with Amber, now with Jersey. They sent me flowers when I lost Amber. The girls cried with me and helped me pick out the right urn for her. I know that I wasn't charged for everything that was done the last week or so. It's important to find someone who cares about our babies the way that we do. There is a quote that hangs in the lobby at my vets office..."A veteranarian is the best doctor in the world. Their patients can't tell them what is wrong, they just need to know." I don't think I got that totally right, but it's something like that.

Hellen, I'm sorry that you get such a hassle when it comes to the Beagles. I've been lucky I guess. I've only had one or two people say anything negative about the breed to me. And they got a good piece of my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.