Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a student of veterinary medicine, please refuse to do experiments on healthy dogs. We met an ex student today, who explained that she had been upset whilst studying, that she had to experiment on healthy dogs. I wont go into too many details but she said they knew that beagles had had bones broken so students could repair them. She reckoned Susi had experienced nasty things, as she knew the place Susi came from, even if it meant she was just continually used for students to experience getting blood. She gave us lots of tips as to how we could help our ex research beagles, for which we are very grateful.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :angryfire:

How can they do that! We should stop them!
Not just beagles, they should not practice on any kind of dogs.

Charlie mom

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlies mum, unfortunately they do these things. Look what Iams do for their research!!! One would think that enough sick dogs would arrive at university hospitals, but they say not. If all students refused to take part in this terrible act then it would stop.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes I agree-I really dont even want to think about the research that they do-its sick.
However-I wish there was some type of vet school around here so I could take my dogs and get checkups and things for free.. or low cost. that would be good.
Sighs. They seem to think dogs and cats cant feel. We all know thats not true though
Judi

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trouble is, Katrena, they dont kill the poor dog, but use them time and again When we got Susi she had no hair on her front legs. Not only had she been used as a breeding machine for years on end,they had tested pesticide on her, experimented with her unborn embryos (got her pregnant and after a few weeks removed the embryos and sent them to a local hospital for research) and locked in cages. Yet she still loved humans. A friend of mines beagle had his bones broken, in a university in Austria, more than one time. He still hates men but has adjusted to life with his female owner. The vet yesterday had come up to Dave, who was out with our two, as she could tell they were ex research beagles. She said that in the place where Susi came from, the dogs are under constant stress.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What they do is so horrible and indescribable. I'd want them to be the cavies, just to make them aware of what it feels for our little friends. I don't eat anything coming from animals (no meat, no eggs, no cheese) and I spend most of my life looking for cruelty-free products for home cleaning and personal hygiene. Here's not that easy since noone seems to care. I wrote a letter about it and made it spread, hoping to awaken at least my friends. In this war even a single person saying "no" to the constant exploitation of our friends (obviously I don't mean the eating part, which is just my personal decision) is a little battle won against the abomination accomplished every single day.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Valentina,

My lifestyle is very similar to yours...I try to live as "compassionately" as possible.

Finding cruelty-free products has become more difficult to find, have you had that problem? Especially in the supermarket when you are in a pinch.

Anyway, always nice to find another cruelty-free-as-possible person. 5 stars for you from me and Henry! :thumbup:

·
Registered
667 Posts
This just makes me so sick I cant think about it. I hate IAMS with a passion and I understand the importance of research, but I am a doctor, and you do not have to practice on poor animals with broken bones to learn how to treat and manage them...unless your a f'in idoit!!!! Sorry, Im really pioed to hear this.

Manda

·
Registered
131 Posts
Finding cruelty free products here in Italy is almost impossible. It happens to find some finished products not tested on animals, like Clinique, but the ingredients are always tested, so I usually order on the internet everything I need monthly. The supermarkets here don't even know what a cruelty-free product is :angryfire: I also experienced going on holiday and having nothing to eat except salad because most of hotels/restaurants can't conceive how a person can be vegan.
And what about dog food? I order it on internet too for the same reason. I don't want my little angels eating something tested on their friends. It's definitely not easy, but it's totally worth it. And I really hope that many people will understand that this world is not ours and that we cannot manipulate and destroy every beauty on it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Hi Amanda!

There you are again! How are you and Snoops these days?

I posted to you somewhere else on the forum but don't remember where.

Denise
Hey Denise,

Yeah, you have posted to me before....likely more than once! Ive been kinda 'on' and 'off' the past few months b/c I am finishing residency, looking for a job in California..and as of last week, got engaged..hehe...Ive been way busy!

Thanks for remembering me

Amanda and Snoopy

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If more people stopped and took a look at was really going on in labs, factories, slaughterhouses, etc., I think (hope) more people would become more compassionate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally Posted By: RosColeIf more people stopped and took a look at was really going on in labs, factories, slaughterhouses, etc., I think (hope) more people would become more compassionate.
I like to think so too. I think there's also a cultural element. X isn't worth actively caring about until a majority or large minority of people care about it. Such is human nature.

·
Registered
215 Posts
After we bought our darling Penny, we found out that the person we had dealt with sells her surplus beagle puppies for experiments (her husband is a vet) We now wished we could have bought the whole litter. However, the breeder is a veribable beagle baby factory and is constantly selling these babies on the internet - those who don't get sold (as pets) before the next cute litter is born - are sold for experiementation. There is a group over here called SAFE who fight against these people and next time there is a protest - I will be in the front row with my beautiful Penny Beagle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts