Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we left our two, whilst we went across to neighbours for dinner. We expected to return to find the place wrecked, but Snoopy and Susi had been as good as gold. This was the first time this year we had left them alone.
Here is a photo of them taken in January, hope I havent posted it already.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Kudos Snoopy and Susi......
I'm sure you earned extra treats and belly rubs for your good behavior.

My Calvin is 100% trustworthy left alone, but Maggie.....well......let's just say.....she's still in training. :biglaugh:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What good beagles they are. :thumbup: You're braver than us since when we leave we banish our pack to the workshop/dog house. How they suffer there with their couch, heat when it's cold, and the dog door so they can come and go as they please. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Wow! Good going, Snoopy and Susi! :thumbup:

What a nice present to come home to, huh Doghouse? Those little unexpected gifts are the best.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am just starting to leave Maggie alone in a different room than I am in for short times. If I leave home she definitely needs to be confined. I guess your experience might mean there is hope for Maggie someday.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy is good as gold when I'm home and doesn't try to get anything during the night, but when I have to leave the house the one cabinet has to be turned backwards, all the treats have to go into the microwave oven, the garbage can has to be emptied and the bag goes into the garage and I can't leave any tissues out or paper towels that have even a trace of food smells.

I came back from visiting Hubby one night and had angel hair pasta all over the living room floor along with an open package of dried beans, and even the bag of potatoes (which she did not try to eat -- she found out she didn't like them!!), and all my Lipton tea bags spread across the kitchen floor. (Didn't like those either, thank goodness!)

She did eat some of the pasta :angry:

Monica and Daisy :evilhalo:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Only for maybe half an hour or LESS, yes, Charlie can be alone in the house, otherwise, depending on the length of time, confinement place will be different, the crate(short), the yard(slightly longer), more than 6 hours the garage, with both cars pulled out for space. Oh, making sure everything in place on the storage rack including shoes. :biglaugh:

Charlie mom

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a giggle at some of your replys, the thought of having to turn cabinets round!! They have certainly come a long way JudyMaggie, but it will be a while yet before the baggage is gone.
We found that making sure that there was nothing they could hurt themselves with (glass etc) and leaving the lounge door open so they could go to the front door, hall and kitchen, seemed better than locking them in the lounge. Last year they wrecked the lounge door and wall, shredded all our magazines, demolished our TV control and peed everywhere.
Only going across the road to our neighbours, meant we could listen now and then to hear if our hounds were barking.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Aww, what good beagles! I'm so proud of them! Lucky cannot be trusted to be left out while I am gone. He just stays in his room. Though, I did leave Friday night for dinner and came home to him having thrown his bed all over his room. Apparently he was mad at me for leaving so he made a mess!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes, when you're so used to their devilish antics :evilgrin: , their (occasional) good behavior comes as a great surprise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . Life is never dull with a beagle around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts