Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned beagles all my life, currently have 2, a boy and a girl and my boy is very antisocial with anyone (dog and human) outside the house. Anytime another dog comes near him, he freezes and gets very timid around them; ducking his head, running from them, etc. My girl is very social and loves to go up to other dogs and play, be pet, and have fun.

He's always around other dogs, I take him for walks and he's always seeing other dogs but he'll never go up to them or smell them, he just runs behind me. When my friends bring their dogs over to my house, he won't play with them and goes into another room until they leave.

He loves me and my other dog, but no one/nothing else. I've never had an antisocial beagle!

·
Super Moderator
5,052 Posts
I have one beagle that is shy but she does get along with other dogs, doesn't really want to play with them though unless it's a dog that belongs to us. My other one, Oliver is very dog aggressive and only gets along with our girl beagle Molly.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My Autumn can be shy and used to be timid around other dogs. She had a couple experiences that made her that way though. I have 2 dogs and she is fine with our Golden and our neighbor dogs. I don't force her to do anything she isn't comfortable with. If we greet other dogs she just stands there. It's not a big deal. Don't force your dog to do something he doesn't want to do. It's probably just how he is.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Cassie is social...perhaps since she's gone to camp on and off since 6months. Other dogs can bark at her and she just calmly looks at them.
I wouldnt be concerned that your dog is shy... aggression would be worrisome.
Some people are outgoing and some are shy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts