Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we first adopted Molly she barely knew what a treat was let alone veggies. But now she loves to eat all of them. Its funny because if its something new to her, she will take it to her bed and play with it. She also watched Jake and Andy to see if they ate it. She loves peas, carrots, greenbeans, potatos, the crunchy part of lettuce, and now her new favorite thing is celery! I cut off the end for her and she plays with it for about 5 minutes and then crunches on it in her bed. Soooooo cute!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My two are crazy about carrots. I must admit, those are the only vegetables I have tried with them regularly (in fact, there's a bag of old baby carrots in my fridge that are designated as dog treats). Last week, I gave the pups some raw green beans after much begging; the pieces ended up on the floor, yet they kept begging. They all taste the same!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
carrots, broccoli, butternut squash, apples and she loves loves loves, and I think she loves it some more: Edamame! I can't eat it without her in my face (literally). I've come to terms with the fact that out of the pod, it's one for me and one for her (and she knows how to suck it from within the pod).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ben loves alot of veggies.

The things he will eat are beans, peas, corn, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and sometimes cucumber.

He turns his nose up at spinach, lettuce, mushrooms, sometimes cucumber.

He also really like oranges, apples, berries of all types (including the stems), grapefruit, cranberries, pineapple, and melon.

He is not a fan of bananas though.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker loves all veggies and fruits except for lettuce. I like brussell sprouts and my wife hates them, so the only way I can have them is if I share with Tucker. We can't eat anything without him there wanting his share.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: williebeagleI have yet to find a food that Willie doesnt like, other than lettuce. Even then, with a little dressing, he will devour that.
That is so true! Molly is better at trying new things than when we adopted her. I don't think her previous owner was very good to her at all.

Baby carrots are great for chomping on! I give her 3 at a time and she gets all confused because she wants to bring them all to her bed but can't pick them all up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ben likes chomping on baby carrots as well. I think the noise he makes when eating crunchy foods is hilarious - carrots and chips mostly.

He also goes wild for chomping on ice cubes. When I have a drink with ice cubes he cannot wait to get at them. He is literally in my face waiting for his turn at the glass.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar loves carrots, cauliflower, sugarsnap peas, corn and potatoes. He doesn't like broccoli or lettuce though. He'll take it then drop it on the floor and look at me like okay, now give me something good.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Ice cubes, yes. We can't use the ice dispenser on the fridge anymore unless we give pieces to the dogs. It was a lifesaver when our A/C was busted for 2 months last summer, but now they think it is a treat dispenser.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Gunnar loves broccoli, carrots, apple and his all time fav that is not a fruit or veggie is PANCAKES. He goes nuts for them and when I'm making some he gets the first one. He loves pears also but they make him throw up.

Daisy is just an apple and carrots kind of girl but she gets a pancake too

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hehe, what doesn't he like it more the question

Coco loves carrots, apples, oranges, potatos, green beans, lettuce, beans. Basically, everything under the sun

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey loves baby carrots and always begs for broccoli when I have some. She likes sugar snap peas, potatoes and green beans. I don't think I've ever really tried anything else. She does not like lettuce at all. Oh, Aunt Mary gibes her eggplant sometimes and she likes that too. And ice cubes are a big treat around here too. Jersey loves to chomp on them. I love that she thinks she's getting a treat and it's just water!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pancakes - that is too funny. I wish I could find the picture I have of Jake and my first beagle Benny begging for pancakes. I had breakfast in bed once and they were staring and staring at me.

Oh, and this is not a veggie but popcorn!!! They all love that.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie loves everything except lettuce with no dressing and olives. She will eat any other fruit or vegetable she is offered (and some we didn't offer that she just decided to take on her own)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I haven't tried too many things, but I know they love carrots and do not like raw potatoes, celery, or garlic. Oh and they really dislike tofu.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Gale, my husband seems to think tofu is fine as long as it is cooked in something that has a LOT of flavor. He says that it takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked in. Also he has determined that the many different types of tofu make a difference also. He prefers the firm type.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I felt like a bad mommy last night because we were out of baby carrots and celery. Have to get more this weekend.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts