Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leo went in to get his vaccinations on Saturday. The vet was really great with him, and very knowledgeable about Beagles. He got his second round on DHPPC and the first of his Bordetella vacs. At the site of injection for his DHPPC vac. there is some swelling in the form of a lump. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I suspect that there is nothing to worry about, but what I would do for now (until you can call your vet) would be to gently massage it periodically. There may have been a collection of the medication that basically didn't flow into the muscle or vein. Does he act like it is bothering him or does it hurt him if you do touch it? Keep us posted. Others may be curious about the same type of thing in the future.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lump doesn't seem to bother him much, it may be a little sensitive. The vet did the massage the injection point after she gave him the shot. We will continue to do the same. I suspect it is nothing to worry about, we will monitor it and maybe give the vet a call tomorrow just to make sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Every one of my dogs got a lump at the injection site. They all were about the size of a quarter at their biggest, and they took about 2 weeks to go away. My vet didn't mention this may happen the first time, so we called to make sure. After that he has told us each time there may be a bump. It is nothing to worry about, my dogs didn't even seem to notice it was there.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Gino had a lump after his shots not that long ago, I panicked, went to the vet, and found out it was from the vaccines! The vet told me if it didnt go away after 2 weeks to bring him back in, it went away 2 days later!

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's surprising that no one said anything! It was posted on the wall when we got our puppies vaccinated the other day. Or, at least, I remember reading it somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.