Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Justin and I are planning to move out to BC within the next few months. We fell in love with a little town called Nakusp in the Kootenays, and thought if we're going to move, we should do it now while we're both really young and before we have kids. So, we're going there for a week in August to check out property and employment. Problem is...we don't know whether we should bring Monty with us. He would LOVE it out there. Lakes, and lots of outdoors...he's love it. But, would he be ok being left alone in a strange place when we go to see about jobs, or property, or to a restaurant to eat? Also, it's a good 20 hour drive, and although he's good when we drive to my parents 4 hours away, i don't know how he'd do with 20 hours. Any advice? Should The Monty on come holidays with us, or do you think it would be too stressful?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I really don't have specific advice since all dogs are different. :conf6: The group we have now prefers being at home, so we have a petsitter when we go away.

That said, in the past, we've had dogs that traveled with us. There was a Boston Terrier who went back and forth across the country with no problems, and our Gunner traveled from California to Georgia with nary a problem. Neither was left alone for too long, but we did leave them in motels while we ate, etc.

I've forgotten how old Monty is, and whether or not he's had any problems with separation anxiety which would be a factor in his being alone in a strange setting. Good luck with your search for property and jobs. It sounds like a great area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts