Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon my husband and I will be headed to the Caribbean for a week and a half vacation. This will be the first time since we have had Zeus that he will be at the Pet Hotel. We have left other dogs there and really like there services! He will attend the doggy day camp every day for 8 hours and then sleep in an over sized kennel. I am sure it will be just as much a vacation for him as it is for us.

So... Why do I feel so darn guilty about this?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Don't worry about Zeus, I'm sure he'll have a great time. I know how you feel though, the first time we left Caesar at a kennel, I cried /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think you ever stop feeling guilty ... I hate putting mine in a kennel!! I look for any excuse NOT to take a trip just so I dont have to do that. I try to look at it as a vacation for them too but .... I still cry when I leave them there. Try to have fun!! They will be just fine and they will appreciate you more when you return (that's what I try to tell myself anyway!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We are lucky enough to have two sons that are 20 & 23 to watch the babies when we go. Well, I don't know if we're lucky they're still living home, but at least we're lucky they're there for the animals.LOL

Knowing that soon the time will come that we'll need to look into boarding them while on vacation, and since we were looking for a new vet anyhow (long story of a misdiagnosis with my lab, Cassie), we found a vet that provides boarding, daycare, spa services, etc. and we love her! Duke loves her, too, which is what really matters. So when we do have to use a kennel, at least I'll feel a little more at ease.

We also head for the Caribbean early next month and I am already feeling guilty for leaving them, especially Duke because this will be his first time with us gone. Poor little guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts