Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had to drop Snoops off at doggie day care today. Ron did it while I was working, I didnt get a chance to say goodbye...I miss him so much already.

We are heading to Maui tomorrow, in about 10 hours, and Im so sad, I know he is at day care and he loves it there, and they love him, but I miss hugging him tonight, him at my feet, knowing he is there....ahhh what is wrong with me? he is just a dog right?.... :rolleyes: Im so dramatic about him but I love him so much /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Anyway, going to bed alone..Ron is working, Snoops in day care.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

But Maui...here we come!!! :wave:

Manda and Snoops

·
Registered
139 Posts
I understand how you feel... we had to take our two girls (1992-2006 & 1993-2005) to be boarded when we went out of town last minute for a funeral back in the late 90's. When we got home they had to stay an extra night as we couldn't pick them up after 8 pm... I felt so bad that night when they were stuck at the kennel and we were home in our comfy bed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I couldn't wait to pick them up the next morning; we got lots of slurpy kisses :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Amanda,

I know exactly how you feel. I have been on trips and have physically ached because I missed my dogs so much!

And we used kennels for a while and although we trusted the kennels, we never seemed to get home in time to get our babies and would have to wait until the next day. For me, that was torture!

Wow, flying to Maui from LA...is that a straight shot? I flew from New Orleans to Oahu a few years ago and it was the longest, most miserable plane trip ever!

Don't forget to bring a pic of Snoops with you. I always put my babies pictures in the book that I am reading so I can look at them alot.

Have fun!

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I know how you feel. I am going to North Carolina next month and while I'm soooo looking forward to relaxing for a week on the Outer Banks, I am dreading not having Jersey with me for a week. The most I've ever gone without having her with me was one overnight...I don't know what I'm going to do.

However, you're going to Hawaii!!!!!!! I'm so completely and totally jealous right now. :greendevil:

And now to scold you...Snoopy is not just a dog. :nono5: He's your baby. You're totally allowed to miss him and love him like you do. You're not being dramatic. OK, now I feel better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts

I think the appropriate "we're home" gift for Snoops would be a lei made out of some sort of food product. Then quick take a picture before he eats it.! :biglaugh:

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself. Snoopy will be fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awwwww, I know exactly how you feel, just a few days away from my girl sends me reeling! It's normal.
And I have to agree with Jen-n-Jersey, he's not just a dog - he is family and of course your allowed to miss him!

Have a wonderful time - yea of course you will - your going to Maui! :doh:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies!!! We are having a great time in Maui, and Snoopy is doing well. I think it is the first night without him that I miss him so much, and I was still at home, that just made it worse.

Thanks for the pic too boulder beagles...saved it on my computer.

Jen N Jersey, your right he is my baby, I just feel so attached /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gingergoose, yeah it was a strait shot, a 4 hour flight, I slept about 2 hours of it.

LeeAnn, I HATE it when I get back and it is too late to pick him up....and im in my bed just wanting him to be there...and cant wait till morning.

Thanks again everyone!!

Amanda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts