Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first beagle, Benny, used to bury things by using his nose to push the item into the hiding place. He often did it until skin would break and bleed. Now Molly has started doing this with her chew sticks. Last night she cut the area just behind her nose.

Anyone else have a nose hiding beagle??

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cassidy does, but I have never had a bleeding problem. Maybe it would be wise to take away the items that causes her to do this habit.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have never experienced this behavior. Sounds painful though!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Daisy also buries things with her nose, but never to the point that she does any damage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yes Milo does this too. it looks like a painful exercise but he has never bled from doing it. he generally chooses soft dirt to bury things in...

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I loved the video! That is just what she does. Usually if she disappears with her chewie, I know its being buried and will take it away. The other day I was too late.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Colby does this inside the house. He'll take a bone and find some place to dig. After he has dug his hole he'll place the bone inside of it and then use his nose to cover the hole up.

I'm sure he would do this outside so for that very reason he doesn't get any bones when he is outside.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Snoopy does the same thing in the house. But she has never done this to the point of injury. We are always finding her treasures in our bed (between matress and headboard) or in the couch cushions.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Charlie does not do this BUT Rolo does, not hurting himself though and I think it's very annoying to say the least lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
My Molly loves to hide her bones and toyes in the couch and blankets and then try to move the rest of the blanket or the couch pillow (which won't move) over it, with her nose. She has a mark on the nose from doing it. She won't really do it outside, well we won't let her do it outside. It's cute, and I got a video of it on my phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.