Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella keeps on squatting but nothing seems to be coming out. When it does it's only a little dribble. Does this sound like a urine infection? She is currently having her first season and I wondered if this may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I know when I am on my cycle that there is bloating and cramping. Maybe there is in dogs too? I have not ever paid that close of attention to their bathroom habits when my female dogs are in heat because we have a dog door that they utilize to come in and out on their own. Sorry I can't help you more.

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Molly has had a few UTI's since I adopted her. They always start with many trips out but only a dribble of pee. She also fusses with that area alot, and will sniff the ground alot after a pee. Just to be safe I would take a sample to the vet for testing. If she is a low squatter, just use a pie pan or tupperware lid and slide it under her, then transfer it to a clean container.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.