Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure I put this in the right category, but I knew more people would see it here!

Lucky got neutered yesterday. I got to bring him home this morning. He has had several accidents (pee)in the house today. I took him out often, but it is like he can't hold it. He literaly went all over my kitchen floor - a BUNCH.

I don't know if this is just some sort of regression on house training or if it is from his surgery. I take him out every couple of hours and he goes plenty outside. It really seems like he can't hold it, but would neutering cause that??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I've never had that happen with any of our males after being neutered. Did he stay overnight at the vet's? Maybe he held it in all the time he was there and had a really full bladder. If it continues, it'd probably be a good idea to check with your vet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue had one or two accidents, but we chalked it up to being mad at us. He didn't stay overnight at all, we brought him home the same day. He was also only four months old so we were still in the accident stage.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I would call the vet and let them know. It could be a reaction to a medication they gave him. Or he could be extra sleeply from the pain meds.

Pooh Bear didn't do that after his neutering. He was marking in the house before his surgery. That is one reason we got him fixed. After his surgery he marked one more time in the house and then never again.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, so far so good today. the urine was pretty clear, so I think beaglechaser may be right - he just had so much fluid in him and was a little out of it. He had no accidents overnight and I even let him sleep out of his crate for the first time! Thanks for all the help! Hopefully, he will have no more accidents!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts