Our Beagle World Forums banner

Upset Stomach & Grief

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  ncdogstar 
I am so sorry to read about Garfield. If JoJo already has stress colitis, then I am not surprised it was aggravated by Garfield's passing. Our pets grieve over the loss of their family members just like we do. Stress hits the weakest spot in our systems and, for JoJo, that would be her stomach. The yellowish liquid you are seeing is most likely bile. If she throws up and has no undigested food, then bile is what comes up. It is usually nasty smelling and stains carpets terribly. I would suggest you keep doing what you are doing -- spend time with JoJo, doing the things she likes best. Time will help make her feel better as well as the comfort of you being with her. I assume (would have to go back and read prior posts) your vet has given you a food regimen to follow when the colitis kicks up. If not, I would suggest you give him/her a call. If the vet doesn't have any specific suggestions, I would suggest some plain white rice with plain poached chicken and a little chicken broth until her stomach quiets down -- you want to feed something that is easily digestible. Another suggestion is Royal Canin L/D or H/D -- sold by vets. My Maggie was always given that she had stomach or diarrhea issues. It is very easily digestible canned food (also comes in dry).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.