Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after not being able to find who Jack belonged to, it has been determined that we belong to Jack! (A kid on the neighbor's bus reconized Jack as hers but said her family didn't want him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif )

So now Jack is making his place in our home. He is an angel. Has taken 4 baths to get rid of his fleas like a champ, not moving or shaking or trying to get out of the tub. And he loves to go to work with Hubby. He has not been let out of the truck cause he is not good at commands yet but rides like a King!

Today after 2 days of rain, which we have not had since June, the Wonder Twins got covered in mud! When I got home, they needed a serious bath and there was nice clean Jack....cause he *worked* today sitting by the tub watching them, like you suckers, if you were nice and quiet you could be sitting here too!

The bad thing about him is that he can climb a fence in a heartbeat and spends his days wondering the neighborhood when he is not sleeping on the carporch or laying in the house. And last week hubby took him over to his exes house(she was interested in having an indoor dog) and first thing he did was go to her bedroom and raise his leg on her doorway /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif ! But she still keeps asking about him and finally my SD who is 6 told her Mom that Jack could not live at their house, cause Lillie would miss him so bad and she would have BAD nightmares if Jack couldn't sleep with her while she was here!

So it is once again time to save my pennies to get him neutered and microchipped and hopefully find a way to keep him from climbing our fence!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking from the very beginning, even though people didn't agree, was right! Any dog that is in the condition you found him in is obvisouly not loved.

Seems fate has decided you all would make a wonderful forever family! :thumbup:

Congratulations!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well... if his family could not be found, he couldn't have found a better family to claim as his own. From your stories, it sounds like he fits right in... Congratulations :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's great to hear that Jack now has a forever home. Any pictures?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure Jack is one lucky boy. I can't wait to hear more about him and his transition into your family. Have fun!! Three pups. Wow!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do need to upload a picture of my Jackie boy!

Usually only Lillie sleeps with us but we didn't get in last night until very late so for some reason all 3 ended up in bed with us. Hubby rolled over last night and accidently knocked Jack out of bed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . Bless his little heart when we got up this morning he was in the exact place that he fell! Now that is a devoted dog!

And for the record, a queen size bed is not big enough for 2 adults and about 80lbs worth of dogs (I am more used to 5lb chihuahuas!!!!).

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know how tight it is with 2 beagles 1 cat and 2 adults in a Queen size bed, forget 3 dogs.

I don't know about yours, but ours has to have one end resting against me and the other against Hubby. So guess wich two get the lease amount of bed space? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Enjoy Jack, sounds like he found himself a good home...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts