Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes thats right-- just what you were guessing!
:angel: Judi :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh Judi, I will freak out!
But that was really something, Congratulations Maggie!
You have a handful to take care of.
I remember my mom's dog had 9 puppies. I had so much fun feeding them one by one with a bottle of formula, and bathing them blow drying them with a hair dryer one by one.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congratulations Momma Maggie!!!! :bounce2:
8 puppies, wow! This is so exciting, I can't wait to see the pictures. Hope everyone is doing well.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you need to assist mum. Get the special milk and a puppy feeding bottle. Feed a different pup every time. We only had 6 pups and were up every two hours feeding. A bit difficult if you are working. Is she feeding willingly? that will help. 8 pups are rather a lot but with your help (or a volunteer) it should be possible to rear a healthy pack. Good luck :happyhappy: :heart:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh my gosh!! 8!!!! That's so exciting! I never knew they could carry that many!! Way to go maggie!!!

I can't wait to see pictures!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
WOW !!!!

That's alot of babies !!!

Good Job Maggie !!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Willow had 7 pups and she coped well all by her self. If there is enough milk then you should have no problems at all. What you need to do is keep moving them around from the back teets where the most milk is to the front teets so they all get a equal share. Get some milk in as you will always use it up when it comes to weening them. Keep the pups warm with either heat pads or hot water bottles and do get a vet out to give everyone a check over as there can still be things left behind in the mom so its better to play safe. Good luck dont forget to ween at 3 weeks and worm the pups every 2 weeks starting at 4 weeks old.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Way to go Maggie. I'm sure no one will give Harley any credit! What does the old man think about this? Can't wait for pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
333 Posts
YEAH! Puppies!!! I can't wait to see the pictures! :happyhappy:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
posted some pics in the "large photo" section, didnt want to take the time to resize them, etc.
will be taking more-- right now she suddenly has become extremely protective of the puppies-doesnt want her dad or the puppies dad around them.. Harley (her dad) just wants to clean their little butts and stuff.. he did the same for her when she was born!
Judi and the gang (now a size of 11 gang!)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
Judi -- what are your future plans for the pups?
Well ms Judymaggie-are you looking for another pup to help fill your home?
I will be very picky on finding homes for these beautiful pups. I am not so concerned with money as I am concerned with finding someone/families that will love them and make them a part of their family too. Not just a pet to them-but a part of their family. Does that make sense?

Oh by the way. WE have had sad news today. I did find one of the boys had passed away in the night. Just not enough milk to go around and had gotten under some of the other pups. With 8 of them I kind of expected it but it was sad nonetheless.
Judi

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jdetmering:
Well ms Judymaggie-are you looking for another pup to help fill your home?
No -- I definitely have my hands full with my Maggie. Was just curious -- sorry to hear you lost a pup. Wonder if your Maggie realizes it -- never gone through birthing with a dog so don't know too much about the process.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dead pup. 8 is really a large number. I would feed the rest at 2 hourly intervals, rotating the pups of course. Maybe a larger box would help so there is less chance of a pup getting smothered. We found straw was good or a matress with a fresh cover every day. Try not to handle the pups at this age, apart from feeding them, they are quite fragile in the early days. Good luck with the rest.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts