Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chloe slept better last night. I gave her a Clavamox when we got home from the vet's and another before we went to bed. She didn't cough as much - only a few times, and wasn't "up and down" as she was Sunday night. She ate all her breakfast (which is a good sign I think), and went outside, and did cough just a little outside. I'm just grateful we caught it early - I think she'll be fine - but I'm quite sure I've added quite a few more grey hairs. I'm staying home from work today to be with her. Thank you for all your prayers and positive thoughts for my little girl!

·
Registered
226 Posts
When one of my Beags had Kennel Cough, besides the meds (also Clavamox), we found the most helpful thing we did was to set up a small humidifier in the room near him (and we brought it up to the bedroom at night). I think this might help to ease any respiratory issue. Hope Chloe is feeling better soon!

~Virginia's Mom

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you - a humidifier might work - IF she didn't sleep <u>completely</u> under the covers. She hasn't seemed to have any real difficulty breathing - just the little hacking cough - and I think we caught it pretty early, she coughed much less last night than she did Sunday - and seemed to rest better last night. Hopefully the Clavamox will do its magic. Vet said it might take a month on it - so we'll just have to see. We're starting with 2 weeks supply. Thank you all for your good wishes for my baby. Even tho I have ten beagles, Chloe has been my "tiny baby beagle" since the day I first got her.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So glad to hear that Chloe is doing better! I didn't know that dogs got pneumonia ...??? Hopefully this medicine will do everything it's supposed to and she'll be back to her old self soon!! Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you - relieved doesn't even begin to describe it. I was so scared for her. She ate a good breakfast this morning, has been more active today and ate her dinner "all gone", as long as she is eating, I'm not so concerned!
Thank you all for your good wishes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts