Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not updated since I can not access this site from my lap top for some unkown reason... Anyway

Katie does not have glaucoma. She has detached retinas. So to find out why we did alot of very expensive lab work and found that she has been exposed to Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, but not at levels that would cause the inflammation and the vision issues. So currently we are treating her with antibiotics, oral steroids, and eye drops for the next month.

John and I are coping well, she can see large motions and does much better when it is bright. At night in the yard she really relies on voice and her nose to get her back to the steps.

We are waiting to see if she can regain some vision once the inflammation goes down in her eyes, we shall see. So for now wish us well. We will be celebrating her 4th birthday in about a month and a half.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hope Katie feels better soon and the inflammation is easily treated with the antibiotics. Hopefully her retina condition is not permanent... big hugs to Katie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
All good wishes going your way. Hope Katie will be able to see again soon.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Oh man...what is going on with all of our sick beagles! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

We hope she does regain some of her vision back, we'll be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've said it before (as many of us have!!!) -- oh, how I wish they could talk and tell us what's happening!!!!

Positive thoughts to you and sweet Katie.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
OH I'm so sorry to hear this news!! I can only imagine how hard it must be on you and John, as our hearts ache when our pups are struggling with challenges.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.....and PLEASE let us know how she's doing...... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wishing the best for Katie. Thank goodness she seems to be dealing with the sight impairment like a champ.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hope everything will be okay for Katie and that she'll fully regain her vision soon. Gentle hugs from us.

Pat and Boeing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts