Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not updated since I can not access this site from my lap top for some unkown reason... Anyway

Katie does not have glaucoma. She has detached retinas. So to find out why we did alot of very expensive lab work and found that she has been exposed to Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, but not at levels that would cause the inflammation and the vision issues. So currently we are treating her with antibiotics, oral steroids, and eye drops for the next month.

John and I are coping well, she can see large motions and does much better when it is bright. At night in the yard she really relies on voice and her nose to get her back to the steps.

We are waiting to see if she can regain some vision once the inflammation goes down in her eyes, we shall see. So for now wish us well. We will be celebrating her 4th birthday in about a month and a half.

· Premium Member
937 Posts
OH I'm so sorry to hear this news!! I can only imagine how hard it must be on you and John, as our hearts ache when our pups are struggling with challenges.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.....and PLEASE let us know how she's doing...... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

· Registered
605 Posts
Wishing the best for Katie. Thank goodness she seems to be dealing with the sight impairment like a champ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.