Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Cleo is a great name!!
About your questions:
I think it's in her best interest if you spay her, that is of course if you are not planning in breeding her (and I have an entire theory about that too, if you want - I'll share). It prevents uterus infections and reduces the chance they get breast cancer (there is a canine version of that one too unfortunately). It also saves you the trouble of protecting her from getting pregnant, dogs barking and trying to mount her, the blood, and mood swings (yes, that too).

You don't have to get the PB treats, you can use a jarred PB (that's what I do), but I also stuff the kong with lots of other things: meat, vegetables, cheese, other treats, yogurts....

Her coloring will probably change, lots of beagles change colors (to the point they look nothing like they did as puppies). They tend to get lighter, black turns to brown (not all over though), brown to yellowish brown....

She is very very cute :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by gingersmom:
Her breeder told me she was a Queen Elizabeth Pocket Beagle. What that means I dont know...but she was so cute and sweet that I wanted to make her my baby girl.
Well, there are a few different "types" of beagles, and when I was looking to get Chloe I saw pocket beagles. they are a breed within the beagle breed. They are a little shorter than the 13" (someties grow to only 8-10" in height) and have shorter legs, but they sure are as cute as the other beagles... :heart: :heart:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.