Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see with this exact time frame an over sized avatar out size of the 100 by 100 pixel range in the featured member box on the right side is distorting the entire site making it un-readable and awkward.

Now I know those that were part of the staff before they resigned in such a big manor had in the past despised when I had taken action and enforced these rules fully on the images sizes.

I'm not going to do that at this time however I will let the 1 hour feature expire for Marley's Mommy's avatar sized at 1280 by 960 pixels.

I really do not want to be taken by the members as a bad or harsh person on this site anymore as I was by the previous staff.

<span style="font-weight: bold">SORRY</span>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While reviewing the avatar database I have found several users with over sized avatars.

There are 11 users total with avatars larger then the 100 x 100 pixel limit. The sizes of those over size avatars are listed below without names.

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]1536x1024[*]640x480[*]1024x768[*]400x500[*]800x450[*]316x400[*]351x415[*]1280x960[*]785x724[*]240x320[*]336x448[/list]

My question is since these avatars are well out side the scope of the 100x100 pixel scope what should I do?

I do not want to sound like the nasty person the previous staff members made me out to be.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You could send a PM to the new administrator Amber with the names of those with oversized avatars and have her send a polite PM to them to make the avatar smaller. Give them 30 days and if it is not fixed send another PM and delete the avatar. Chances are if they do not go to the site in the 30 or days, they probably won't miss it.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amber is a Moderator. I think she had sent PM's to all those users with the over sized avatars.

The software company is working on a new build that will have some stuff related to the avatars. If the photo is over sized it will auto re size the photo or avatar to the maximum settings in the software settings. If the avatar is lager then the determined size by the software of 100x100 pixels it will re size the avatar without distorting it and then save it to the server and use the corrected avatar, same with photo's.

We are expecting the new software around the end of this year to the beginning of next year. The re sizing is just part of the upgrade and rewrite of the software. There also will be many new features coming in the upgrade as well as major advancements in the total package all together.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Can someone pleeeeease help me with my avatar!! I want to change it and keep trying and it says its too big. I never had a problem before (must be losing my mind with age!) Thanks so much.

Pic I would like to use is:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The picture you have posted <span style="font-weight: bold">IS</span> to big as the avatar needs to be 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high or smaller.

I have resized it for you to the required size.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a slight oversight when we moved the site and it is corrected now, you should be able to upload and change your avatars at any time now.

Sorry for any problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Thank You!!! I kept setting the pic to the right size but it wouldn't up load.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Grrrrrrr, I still can't change it. I tried uploading the one you resized and it keeps leaving the old picture.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have all ready changed the avatar for you showing your new avatar. You may have to clear your cache folder through your web browser.

Delete offline content

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, OK. If anyone else needs help resizing avatars or getting them put on do not hesitate to let me know.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes please also let me know if anyone else needs help with avatars. JAISP, as far as those members, I emailed them before and had received no response.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes this post has become old. The original member numbers has changed when the import was done form UBB to this software.

I had since the first post went in and changed every avatar manually and re uploaded them on to the server via FTP.

Since the change over I would have to resize and send the avatar back to the person in a PM if needed however I'm not sure that the 100x100 pixel restriction is in effect or not.

I have not been able to, without registering a new user, see the sites rules anywhere to see if they have changed or have been rewritten as well. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts