Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moto is the most playful dogs I have ever had. Anything can and often does become a play toy from traditional toys to a stick or corncob, ball of twine or today's silly choice, a piece of bale wrap plastic. What fun unlikely "toys" do your beagles love to play with?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Molly loved golf balls when she was younger. My first beagle Benny, loved Tupperware bowls - carried them around, chewed on them, pushed them with his nose.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Plastic beverage bottles since they make so much noise when crushed.. i always made sure to cut off any plastic ring on the neck .

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ooh, I'm sure you watch, but I know someone whose dog swallowed (all or part, don't remember) of a corn cob and it was a VERY expensive surgery to get it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was perhaps overprotective but I always substituted "safe" toys for anything that Ally McBeagle would find, especially sticks and such outside; she could chew it up faster than I could blink. Maybe I've seen too many vet surgeries on TV. Tennis balls were a favorite toy until I caught her pulling the fuzz off the tennis ball (she later vomited neon green, ugh). Her teeth could rip the seam of a stuffed toy within minutes and de-stuff it. Try to find stuff toys without squeakers! She hated hard toys, so I'd de-stuff and de-squeak soft ones and she played with the carcass. I also dug out many so call "indestructible" chews from her mouth. We finally settled on rope toys, soft enough for a good gnaw but she was unable to uncoil the knots or pull out the strings (less expensive ones she could).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Moto is the most playful dogs I have ever had. Anything can and often does become a play toy from traditional toys to a stick or corncob, ball of twine or today's silly choice, a piece of bale wrap plastic. What fun unlikely "toys" do your beagles love to play with?
hi
my beagle loves to tear and scratch newspapers..anything related to plastic crushing materials, my dress materials, my daughters hairbands...but luckily he doesnt swallow any of the pieces ,,....but surely tha materials unrecognisable...😃

1 - 6 of 6 Posts